Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new mysterious Mercedes has been spied on the Nürburgring. It seems like some kind of AMG EV model with a lot of sensors and cameras covering it. What do you think it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mike seems to think it's an electric version of the AMG GT and I agree with the man, at least in the sense that it's a performance oriented EV on the way. Automakers are coming out with some powerful electric vehicles to compete against each other and Tesla. As for those cameras, I have no idea. Always assumed they would be flush against the body of Mercedes was testing autonomous driving.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree, that's the best time to build a new EV model for any brand. I think that big companies like Tesla, Aston Martin, Audi, Jaguar, Porsche and other car makers, are going to change the EV landscape by 2020. A few days ago, Tesla's confirmed that they won't stop improving their EV cars, by presenting 2020 Tesla Roadster with a 0-60 time of 1.9 (!!!!!!) secs.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Read up on how they have some ambitious plans to come out with an entire line up of EV's by the early 2020's but those models are said to be under their new EQ electric car brand. Do you guys think they will produce a new electric roadster or just use the existing AMG GT?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wouldn't mind if they used the existing AMG GT model, but it's going to be overhauled anyways because the platform wasn't designed for a battery pack.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Read up on how they have some ambitious plans to come out with an entire line up of EV's by the early 2020's but those models are said to be under their new EQ electric car brand. Do you guys think they will produce a new electric roadster or just use the existing AMG GT?
If Mercedes will go for their own model of the roadster, I don't think that they will use any existing models, even though I really like AMG GT. First of all, as BlazBlue said, the platform wasn't designed for a battery. The second thing is Roadster is a really unique and special model, I think this kind of vehicle must have its own place in the product line with the all-new design and name.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Probably the best thing for them to do is to come out with a two door that takes on more supercar design and performance cues. AMG already has a hyper car in the works and the next best thing to that is an affordable and high volume product with all the cutting edge technology we expect from car makers these days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts