1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
While all comparisons will be subjective the most important feature for me is the range so I was disappointed to see that the EQC has the shortest range. Not only is it the heaviest but it has the smallest battery. It would be interesting to see how they compare on overall dimensions, boot space, cabin space and standard features. Looks like I will have to wait until the new model on the dedicated EV platform comes out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
While all comparisons will be subjective the most important feature for me is the range so I was disappointed to see that the EQC has the shortest range. Not only is it the heaviest but it has the smallest battery. It would be interesting to see how they compare on overall dimensions, boot space, cabin space and standard features. Looks like I will have to wait until the new model on the dedicated EV platform comes out.
Mine is about to be delivered so i will come back and detail the cars consumption and range performance. How many miles do you cover in a day and will you be able to install a home wallbox? Compared to the city cars the EQC offers a good range and reasonable charge time. on a recent trip to Bordeaux (612km) I compared the suggested route and charge times from a better route planner v my actual voluntary stop times in my current e class which did not need topping up of course, it can cover 1100 km on a tank, but allowing for my rest stop and fill up time with coffee the journey would take the same time.
I am keen on the EQE and was considering waiting for its launch but my lease expired so I am going down the EQC route for 18mths then may change. The EQE suggests 600km range which makes it an almost normal car really just a shame they do not seem to be thinking of an estate version for some time☹

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is about to be delivered so i will come back and detail the cars consumption and range performance. How many miles do you cover in a day and will you be able to install a home wallbox? Compared to the city cars the EQC offers a good range and reasonable charge time. on a recent trip to Bordeaux (612km) I compared the suggested route and charge times from a better route planner v my actual voluntary stop times in my current e class which did not need topping up of course, it can cover 1100 km on a tank, but allowing for my rest stop and fill up time with coffee the journey would take the same time.
I am keen on the EQE and was considering waiting for its launch but my lease expired so I am going down the EQC route for 18mths then may change. The EQE suggests 600km range which makes it an almost normal car really just a shame they do not seem to be thinking of an estate version for some time☹
The EQE looks very promising. I've been driving an I-Pace for almost 3 years and I'm very pleased with it (I can get 390 km range with the way I drive). I'm looking to change it in a year or so but the only thing that would make me change is a significantly greater range. The EQE/EQC appears to be a major advance worth considering. I can see why Jaguar decided to drop the new XJ - it probably couldn't compete with the EQS so why bother?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts