Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Buenos días no sé si llamarlo problema pero en España no se habilita la Dashcam por temas legales. Mi vehículo tiene las 4 cámaras y tengo activo el sistema Ar. Sin embargo, en MBUX tengo la Dashcam inactiva. He solicitado la activación en Mercedes y después de un mes sigo sin respuesta.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Buenos días no sé si llamarlo problema pero en España no se habilita la Dashcam por temas legales. Mi vehículo tiene las 4 cámaras y tengo activo el sistema Ar. Sin embargo, en MBUX tengo la Dashcam inactiva. He solicitado la activación en Mercedes y después de un mes sigo sin respuesta.
Bonjour, Si alguna vez hago que mi AR funcione, sospecho que la dashcam también puede ser un problema aquí en Francia, ya que tenemos leyes de privacidad muy estrictas. Estaré encantado de que AR funcione, pero a medida que pasa el tiempo, estoy cada vez menos seguro de que el chip alguna vez se actualizará ☹

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has Similar misleading experience with Mercedes EQA 250 premium plus I purchased through LSH Auto UK Limited, Mercedes Benz of Macclesfield in sept 21.
I enquired specifically about feature “augmented reality” and the sales person confirmed in person that the car I m buying is one of the last premium plus available with this feature. I made advance payment for the car trusting the verbal confirmation from the sales person.
However, after picking up the car while driving back home we noticed the car does not have this feature.
we immediately called the dealership back, we were told they will check with their technicians and call us back. After that we had tried to talk to different people at dealership and then at Mercedes customer service and everyonehas just said one thing “since you do not have any written confirmation from the sales person, there is no proof that you were told the car has this feature”. It has been extremely frustrating and disappointing experience, one would never expect when buying a £52,000 car. Utter shame for Mercedes.
at same time, we bought EQCfrom another dealership, again this one has augmented reality missing, but the dealership agreed to fit the functionality retroactively, and in Apr 22 we were called and the functionality was fitted in the car. The solution offered seems to vary based on service level of dealerships. In our case, Staff at MACCLESFIELD were extremely nice until they got the sale and then a 180 degree turn and extremely rude( to an extend that they hung up and asked us not to reach out to them anymore).

·
Registered
505 Posts
Has Similar misleading experience with Mercedes EQA 250 premium plus I purchased through LSH Auto UK Limited, Mercedes Benz of Macclesfield in sept 21.
I enquired specifically about feature “augmented reality” and the sales person confirmed in person that the car I m buying is one of the last premium plus available with this feature. I made advance payment for the car trusting the verbal confirmation from the sales person.
However, after picking up the car while driving back home we noticed the car does not have this feature.
we immediately called the dealership back, we were told they will check with their technicians and call us back. After that we had tried to talk to different people at dealership and then at Mercedes customer service and everyonehas just said one thing “since you do not have any written confirmation from the sales person, there is no proof that you were told the car has this feature”. It has been extremely frustrating and disappointing experience, one would never expect when buying a £52,000 car. Utter shame for Mercedes.
at same time, we bought EQCfrom another dealership, again this one has augmented reality missing, but the dealership agreed to fit the functionality retroactively, and in Apr 22 we were called and the functionality was fitted in the car. The solution offered seems to vary based on service level of dealerships. In our case, Staff at MACCLESFIELD were extremely nice until they got the sale and then a 180 degree turn and extremely rude( to an extend that they hung up and asked us not to reach out to them anymore).
I was told mine would be retrofitted but still not been contacted I will chase. What exactly did they have to do do you know? I have the camera at the bottom so I assume it is a relatively minor piece of wiring or box of tricks that needs to be added. how long did it take? i also took delivery in Sept.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I doubt any of these missing features will return given the rumoured discontinuation of the EQC in May 2023. Interestingly, the EQS still has the features available in the configuator and the only missing one I can see is the Burmester sound system on the EQC configuator - this is on the Irish Mercedes-Benz site.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I doubt any of these missing features will return given the rumoured discontinuation of the EQC in May 2023. Interestingly, the EQS still has the features available in the configuator and the only missing one I can see is the Burmester sound system on the EQC configuator - this is on the Irish Mercedes-Benz site.
Can you point me to some ref for the rumours? Are they replacing it with another model? Mine is due for replacement in Sept 24 but am not at all keen on having an american built EQE which is bigger than I want but I am not wanting to go to a smaller EQA. Given the GLC is the most popular model here in Europe certsinly France it seems strange they would not have an electric model in this class🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you point me to some ref for the rumours? Are they replacing it with another model? Mine is due for replacement in Sept 24 but am not at all keen on having an american built EQE which is bigger than I want but I am not wanting to go to a smaller EQA. Given the GLC is the most popular model here in Europe certsinly France it seems strange they would not have an electric model in this class🤷‍♀️
Source:Mercedes rumoured to drop the EQC in 2023 - electrive.com

·
Registered
505 Posts
Also, there will be an EQE SUV so maybe that’s the replacement built from the ground up.
That is what I am referring to, I baulk everytime I see a GLE monstrous things far bigger than can be reasonably justified and the fact the EQE SUV will be built in Atlanta Puts me off. memories of the dreadful ML and it’s build issues continue for me and frankly I am not happy buying a car shipped so far totally ridiculous view of course but we all have our silly blindspots. 😉

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is what I am referring to, I baulk everytime I see a GLE monstrous things far bigger than can be reasonably justified and the fact the EQE SUV will be built in Atlanta Puts me off. memories of the dreadful ML and it’s build issues continue for me and frankly I am not happy buying a car shipped so far totally ridiculous view of course but we all have our silly blindspots. 😉
Not at all - we all have our own opinions. American built may not be of the best quality. This would be my first Mercedes and first electric vehicle. So, given it looks like it’ll be discontinued I’m torn. The only other options I’m considering are the Tesla Y Performance and BMW i40M50. Don’t like the BMW ix at all or the Audi etron or Jag ipace.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I am really happy with my EQC having come from a 4matic e class estate. At the time it was the only all electric Mercedes’ on sale and the EQA was released a few months later but is a bit smaller than I need as I often have adult passengers. At first it felt as if I was dropping a class and the interior seemed a little less luxurious on test drives but now I have 0 regrets and love the car. the fact it is based on the GLC is neither here nor there for me and frankly I feel is all a bit of journalistic puff to justify an article but that is just me. I had a GLK which was also allegedly not that popular but they are certainly popular now on the secondhand market with loads of those bought in the richer cities making their way out into the province I have never seen so many about as I do now. I think the EQC will be the same as the GLC is the most popular model here. It will always be the very first all electric Mercedes’ of modern times and for that reason alone will attract attention in the future in my view and will be more of a collectible as a result. If there is not going to be a similar sized european built model I will probably have to go to the EQE saloon but that is not the ideal form for me we shall see. But disappointing if there will not be an EQC SUV european built model to consider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I bought my EQC the augmented navigation didn't work, I contacted the retailer (Mercedes Peterborough) and asked why, he said it would be recalled to fix the issue - it wasn't. Six months later, when it was in for a suspension issue at Mercedes Edinburgh, they updated the software, and it works fine now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hi
Well just a little update on missing chips.
Went in for its A service. Mentioned when booking, could they look to include the missing chip. When collected, no mention of it being done. Queried it and was told that it needed a Hermes upgrade. To be fair to the garage they were unsure what this meant. But what came out, was that they can do nothing unless Mercedes give them the permission. So asked if they could confirm that it was at least on their list to do at some point. Expectations not very high😬

·
Registered
505 Posts
Mine is going in in mid Sept for its first service and I have asked about the upgrade which was promised on deliver. will let you know the response. How much have you paid for the service? my quote is 179 euro.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Hi good luck for the chip. It may be worth checking with them now as to their view on the upgrade occuring.
I am on the service plan @£22 per month. But it is fixed for four years, and I hope to gain for year 3 and 4. It seems a good price you got, as I have seen some who were charged well over the £200 Mark ( which I know mine is, but it seems less🙄)
What the did was next to nothing, a new air filter, a useless video, and some screen cleaner. They are meant to update the software, but no idea.

·
Registered
22 Posts
El mío entrará a mediados de septiembre para su primer servicio y he preguntado sobre la actualización que se prometió en el momento de la entrega. te dejare saber la respuesta. ¿Cuánto ha pagado por el servicio? mi presupuesto es de 179 euros.
[/COTIZAR]
Muy económico los 179 euros. En el mío una revisión A eran 387 euros y una B eran 497

·
Registered
505 Posts
They are saying it is the mise au jour for the augmented reality. the service will take 1.5 hours but if we want the augmented reality they need the car for the full day. Annoyingly we have to go to another dealer in the group as ours is not an EQ service centre and this entails a 3 hr round trip and I am less than impressed as we were told our dealer could service the car. Getting a date organised seems hard too and is a week after the service is due and over a month if we want a loan car. so we are going to probably have to occupy ourselves for 8 hrs in town whilst we wait for the car 😤 Given the car cost as much as a house here I feel the service is below that I am entitled to expect and I feel a tad cross.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts