Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Updating this thread was on my list. No is the answer. As I expected it is a module that is needed and mine is not listed as being a car waiting or allocated one yet cheaper A’s and B’s have received them🙄
I had a moan and am waiting for the original selling garage to respond to my complaint but no luck so far. When I have the time I will contact Mercedes France. The car is great my deal was excellent but the lack of the promised upgrade and distance needed to travel for the service have left a bad taste.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Well, I discovered one good way to find out things from Mercedes. Go onto their Twitter account and raise your question. An answer received very quickly.
However in my case, no success.
I am told that unless your car has a code 118 against it, it is not eligible for a retrofit.
Mine had not got it, so although it has everything it needs to be retrofitted, it will not get it.
Supposedly I was told this, but even the dealer did not know if was missing, let alone not eligible for a replacement.
Else is a wonderful car!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well, I discovered one good way to find out things from Mercedes. Go onto their Twitter account and raise your question. An answer received very quickly.
However in my case, no success.
I am told that unless your car has a code 118 against it, it is not eligible for a retrofit.
Mine had not got it, so although it has everything it needs to be retrofitted, it will not get it.
Supposedly I was told this, but even the dealer did not know if was missing, let alone not eligible for a replacement.
Else is a wonderful car!
Very interesting where is the code 118 shown? Is it on the dealer records or is it somewhere we can see and also why are some receiving the retrofit and others not did they say? Am staying off Twitter since Musk took over and also because I needed to junk my obsessive scrolling on everything political in the UK!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Hi
This is the full response.
Must admit, I only used Twitter to see what's happening on Eurotunnel or to complain.... Doubt I will go for the blue badge😁

Hi Mark, our apologies in the delay in getting back to you. We indeed removed 'Augmented Reality - U19' from vehicles due to a semiconductor shortage. For the first vehicles, we organised a retrofit so the module could be retrofitted later; these vehicles received option code '118' to designate them eligible for this retrofit process. For this we have organised a service campaign via the aftersales process.
After the first few vehicles, we removed the option from the applicable pricelists and customers with an open order were informed it would be removed from their order.
This vehicle does not have 118 and was not included in the aftersales measure because it was not part of this retrofit.
Depending on the optional equipment, vehicles receive a different version of Head Unit. Many vehicles not equipped with Augmented Reality receive a 'Mid' MBUX multimedia system (548) which is not compatible with Augmented Reality. Your vehicle is equipped with a compatible 'high' MBUX multimedia system (549).
This does not mean the vehicle is capable of a retrofit of Augmented Reality, as this was never planned for this vehicle.
We advise reaching out to your local retailer directly for any further questions.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Many thanks for responding the trick is to know where to look for the code but I have a suspicion mine is not listed as a 118 car despite having been ordered in April 21 for June delivery. It ties in with what the service conseil was saying when I took the car in ie the car was not listed for the box. Very annoying as I was told it was I would have made more fuss at the time if I had known hey ho a very first world problem and something which hardly affects me but last Sat was a day when AR would have been very useful. I bet when it goes back after the end of the lease Mercedes’ will upgrade it which is a bit galling.
The whole chip shortage and de speccing of the EQC will I think cost Mercedes’ dear in the loss of customer goodwill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Received my EQC400 Premium Plustoday and discovered what everyone in this thread is saying. I even asked a few months back if the spec would be missing anything and was told no all good. No wireless charging, no Burmester, no AR. It’s the sound system that upsets me the most rest I can deal with. Feel cheated by Mercedes wish I’d kept my Volvo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your advice please, we have just collected our car and it does not have the Aug reality or wireless charging, however when parking it does use a front facing camera. I installed a USB stick but do not have the option for the dash cam, which I would really like, A quick google suggested I cannot have the dash cam unless I have Aug Reality??
Can anyone confirm this, I would much rather use an "inbuilt" camera rather than the Nextbase units I have in the other cars
kc

61 - 68 of 68 Posts