Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What adapter is BEST to connect my Tesla wall charger to my new 580?
..can i get the adapter from MBW? is amazon a reliable source? any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanx in Advance

· Registered
109 Posts
If you already own the Tesla Wall Connector with Tesla plug, you can get either the Lectron adapter (48A) or the TeslaTap (at least 60A). Mercedes does not sell these adapters. If you are just getting the Tesla Wall Connector, you can order it with a J1772 plug that will not require an adapter. I sold my Gen 2 Tesla Wall Connector on eBay for almost the same amount that I purchased a new Gen 3 Tesla EVSE with the J1772 plug.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you already own the Tesla Wall Connector with Tesla plug, you can get either the Lectron adapter (48A) or the TeslaTap (at least 60A). Mercedes does not sell these adapters. If you are just getting the Tesla Wall Connector, you can order it with a J1772 plug that will not require an adapter. I sold my Gen 2 Tesla Wall Connector on eBay for almost the same amount that I purchased a new Gen 3 Tesla EVSE with the J1772 plug.
Thank you for the indo

· Registered
109 Posts
Here's the link to the Tesla J1772 Wall Connector which is listed at a price of $550.

I just noticed that Tesla has lowered the price of this same charger with the proprietary Tesla plug down to $350. So technically it would be less expensive to purchase the Tesla specific charger and a $150 Lectron adapter. However, I don't really like the idea of using a Tesla destination charger with a J1772 adapter. I don't want to risk running into an irate Tesla owner who keys my car because he can't use the charger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts