Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there

So I am a newbie. Got delivery of EQC AMG line premium few days back. Spectral blue metallic. Absolutely stunning car. As an EV maybe can’t say too much. Here are my first impressions.

Look - gorgeous. With those 21 inch alloys is indeed special. Not too big. Not tiny. Just right.Good proportions. Rear looks the best to me! Inside is Mercedes all the way. Good choice of textures and materials. Layout is practical.

Drive - so quiet. Refined. Fast in straight line. Standard regen and comfort mode was best for me. Very easy to drive and live with

Space - comfortable. Front seats are excellent. Boot average. No front trunk.

Tech - good enough for me. Notable things missing are wireless Apple car play and wireless charger. Reversing camera is one of the best.

EV bits- charges fast. Accurate range prediction. Mercedes me app is so so
All in all we are very impressed

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wireless carplay device can be plugged into your wired carplay usb port-

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi. Thanks. Shall have a look.
For EQC you will need usb-c cable to connect the carplay device. For carlinkit you can ask the amazon UK seller for this else you can option it directly here:

For the phone charger you will likely need plug it into the EQC cigarette port as it is more powerful. This QC 3.0 device will convert that power to USB format that the wireless phone charger can use:

Yes, it's awkward and "trially" to setup but the convenience is super once done

·
Registered
135 Posts
The on-board USB-C outlets seem to be limited to ~10W. Even while running AndroidAuto with Navigation, Spotify, Signal messaging, and a few voice calls, that's enough to add about 1% of charge to my Pixel 6 every 2 minutes of driving.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have found inbuilt wireless to settle around 120mA, initially anyway though tends to overheat and cutout, USB cable around 490mA and the wireless charger linked above is fastest at around 880mA. The USB cable power is better for heavyish usage than the inbuilt as dBC notes. I attach screenshot measurements separately

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Phones are like EVs (or EVs are like phones?). Charging rate tapers as the battery gets full, and your shots above are 88%.

Here's how it looks measured at the EQC's USB-C port. It will pump out over 2A continuously if the load calls for it. It doesn't appear to support the higher voltage levels available in USB-C, but 10W is more than enough for my needs.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Vehicle door Automotive exterior

·
Registered
317 Posts
Phones are like EVs (or EVs are like phones?). Charging rate tapers as the battery gets full, and your shots above are 88%.

Here's how it looks measured at the EQC's USB-C port. It will pump out over 2A continuously if the load calls for it. It doesn't appear to support the higher voltage levels available in USB-C, but 10W is more than enough for my needs.
My point is that at that same high charge percentage the third party wireless was delivering about double the amps when plugged into the recommended 12v source for that particular branded charger and phone and battery% combo, but yes the Samsung, or the Pixel for your purpose, hasn't a lack of charging power plugged into USB for my usage too

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have found inbuilt wireless to settle around 120mA, initially anyway though tends to overheat and cutout,
Interesting... I've not noticed any problems with the car's in-built wireless charging, although I tend to only use it for short trips where AndroidAuto is not required. On a 24 minute trip just now it managed to take my Pixel6 from 42% to 57%... no doubt helped by the fact the phone was at rest at the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts