Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New owner of 250 Prem Plus, and with Hypervolt 2.0 home charger Plug & Charge also Scheduled Charging Alexa enabled, all working great, car is nice having various merc's, exchange C300 Prem plus convertible and decided to go Eco, Green and having 5.2 kW Solar Array installed 15th September by UPS Solar so will be very interesting to find how much I acutally will spend on energy on the vehicle in the forthcoming year ahead..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AS of the weekend Hypervolt 2.0 has passed software for Solar Charging for OTA update nice... its on Utube.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - Solar array 5.2 kW installed, Hypervolt charger now updated OTA also Hypervolt (iphone) App updated for Solar and Ampage settings, changed to 6 Amp 1.4 kW and Solar Eco Mode low setting, 10% charge in 4 hours, using free solar energy... all confirmed in settings of Mercedes Me App, and in car drivers dash for charging rate. Well pleased plus a cloudy day, with iBoost+ diverter working at the same time for hot water.

·
Registered
266 Posts
No not like the big brother EQC
Well my big brother EQC delivered weds does not either😉thought it was poor PDI at first and so did my sales rep until he had a look at some other EQ cars though they were EQA and no covers like yours. He is checking with Mercedes fr but thinks they have stopped shipping the EQ range with motor covers. I have found a Jan post on another UK forum referring to an EQC without a cover so am resigning myself for reasons known best to themselves Mercedes have stopped fitting them. 😤

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
New owner of 250 Prem Plus, and with Hypervolt 2.0 home charger Plug & Charge also Scheduled Charging Alexa enabled, all working great, car is nice having various merc's, exchange C300 Prem plus convertible and decided to go Eco, Green and having 5.2 kW Solar Array installed 15th September by UPS Solar so will be very interesting to find how much I acutally will spend on energy on the vehicle in the forthcoming year ahead..
How are you getting on with your EQA Premium Plus...? I am ordering one tomorrow... Marks out of ten...?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi after a test drive for nearly 6 hours from Dealership, a week before ordering, and deciding on which EV to go with Ioniq 5 or Audi Q40, both good cars in their own right, the I5 is a big square vehicle, very retro and for price just didn't add up to the interior, also price wise Q40 you had so many options to make it similar versus the EQA Prem or the Prem Plus, so it was EQA Prem Plus ordered on 6 June, handover was delayed by nearly 3 weeks, then informed no more EQA Premium Plus was to be built due to chip shortages as the car did include ACC distronic which was another £1495, dealership would not know the build time or date... so cancelled the upgrade to stay with current order but I would not take the BP Pulse charger as part of the deal.... low and behold on checking my Mercedes Me account via the portal, an discount monetary offer was there with a lower APR and next day spoke to the salesman who then honoured the Mercedes UK offer. My EQA came without the Full Specification, Augmented Reality navigation, Dealership surprised, and email off to Mercedes Uk... just informed last week this is ongoing and have contacted my dealership to update me with a fix..
To be honest not very happy to say the least, no communication from Mercedes Germany, UK or from the Dealership until i asked why?

So are you ordering EQA Prem Plus? Is it possible now to order via the configurator online..?

The car is great, ableit a small boot but i can live with it. the EQA dashboard and Mercedes Me App have no function for Scheduled Charging!! email from Mercedes Uk confirming this, beggars belief i can close and open my windows and panaramic sunroof via the key and mercedes me app !! but not control for an scheduled charge... my Hypervolt 2.0 does the scheduled charging along with solar charging at [email protected] as i was getting solar array installed with iBoost+ iBoost Buddy for hot water using solar, all work great, after the car... made sense to get the Hypervolt than the more costly Zappi 2 by nearly £300 go figure. If it was not for the missing Augmented Reality navigation, my delivery of the car would of been the same for the GLA 45 Prem Plus and C300 Convertible Prem Plus without a issue, pleasure to drive and feeling rather content and happy with my purchase.

When ordering ask the salesman to show the Order Sheet before committing to signing, if Prem Plus make sure you have AU19 and 549 Multimedia High for Augmented Reality to work... not 548 Multimedia system will not work with AU19 AT AL... even if AU19 is there. the shortage of chips is for the Mulitmedia systems... to get the car built and shipped using the lowest denominator the multimedia system 548.... obviously to meet their factory quotas.. at the customers expense...

The car does everything i need in electric car, for a price and feel good factor, the OLEV grant will be ending next year for home owners with a driveway.. which is £350 towards your EV charger... i do recommend the Hypervolt 2.0 customer service has be above and beyond since my purchase and extra discount of £50 if you meet Hypervolt criteria look at their webpage... english company, ordered my charger in good faith after i told the CEO Flavian i was getting solar array in the September... he promised the solar full firmware would be available by then or in beta version if i would like to take part in, which confirmed his passion and sight into his charger, which i then purchased.. works like dream lol hope this all helps in your purchasing of the car...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Mike H and Parkwood, for your very informative posts… I will be speaking to my local MB dealer this morning, to order an AMG Line 350 4MATIC Premium Plus… Reading your posts, it seems like it will come with some options to be sorted at a later date… I will let you both know what I find out… I bought a Wallbox in May 2019, that came from Spain, which my own electrician fitted. I replaced it in March 2020 with an EO Mini Pro 2. I wouldn’t recommend having a Wallbox…
Thanks again…

·
Registered
266 Posts
Good luck. Be really interested in any feedback. Re the wallbox I assume you mean a brand not the generic term wallbox? Mine was organised and paid for by mercedes (yet another aspect of the good deal i got) and is a Newmotion model just a basic plug and play the French have not mandated the need for the wallboxes to be internet ready. Newmotion were a dutch start up and were bought by Shell. Very pleased with the installation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good luck. Be really interested in any feedback. Re the wallbox I assume you mean a brand not the generic term wallbox? Mine was organised and paid for by mercedes (yet another aspect of the good deal i got) and is a Newmotion model just a basic plug and play the French have not mandated the need for the wallboxes to be internet ready. Newmotion were a dutch start up and were bought by Shell. Very pleased with the installation.
Yes, I found the Wallbox, on the internet, and it came from Spain. I have my own electricians, and wanted to fit a home charger myself... While I was having some building works done at my home. I had bought a BMW i3S and BP Chargemaster refused to sell me a home charger to fit myself... So I bought the Wallbox... I have an EO Mini Pro 2 on the outside wall at the front, and another in my garden garage... I managed to get the OLEV grant for both chargers...!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts