Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New owner of 250 Prem Plus, and with Hypervolt 2.0 home charger Plug & Charge also Scheduled Charging Alexa enabled, all working great, car is nice having various merc's, exchange C300 Prem plus convertible and decided to go Eco, Green and having 5.2 kW Solar Array installed 15th September by UPS Solar so will be very interesting to find how much I acutally will spend on energy on the vehicle in the forthcoming year ahead..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - Solar array 5.2 kW installed, Hypervolt charger now updated OTA also Hypervolt (iphone) App updated for Solar and Ampage settings, changed to 6 Amp 1.4 kW and Solar Eco Mode low setting, 10% charge in 4 hours, using free solar energy... all confirmed in settings of Mercedes Me App, and in car drivers dash for charging rate. Well pleased plus a cloudy day, with iBoost+ diverter working at the same time for hot water.

·
Registered
505 Posts
No not like the big brother EQC
Well my big brother EQC delivered weds does not either😉thought it was poor PDI at first and so did my sales rep until he had a look at some other EQ cars though they were EQA and no covers like yours. He is checking with Mercedes fr but thinks they have stopped shipping the EQ range with motor covers. I have found a Jan post on another UK forum referring to an EQC without a cover so am resigning myself for reasons known best to themselves Mercedes have stopped fitting them. 😤

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
New owner of 250 Prem Plus, and with Hypervolt 2.0 home charger Plug & Charge also Scheduled Charging Alexa enabled, all working great, car is nice having various merc's, exchange C300 Prem plus convertible and decided to go Eco, Green and having 5.2 kW Solar Array installed 15th September by UPS Solar so will be very interesting to find how much I acutally will spend on energy on the vehicle in the forthcoming year ahead..
How are you getting on with your EQA Premium Plus...? I am ordering one tomorrow... Marks out of ten...?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi after a test drive for nearly 6 hours from Dealership, a week before ordering, and deciding on which EV to go with Ioniq 5 or Audi Q40, both good cars in their own right, the I5 is a big square vehicle, very retro and for price just didn't add up to the interior, also price wise Q40 you had so many options to make it similar versus the EQA Prem or the Prem Plus, so it was EQA Prem Plus ordered on 6 June, handover was delayed by nearly 3 weeks, then informed no more EQA Premium Plus was to be built due to chip shortages as the car did include ACC distronic which was another £1495, dealership would not know the build time or date... so cancelled the upgrade to stay with current order but I would not take the BP Pulse charger as part of the deal.... low and behold on checking my Mercedes Me account via the portal, an discount monetary offer was there with a lower APR and next day spoke to the salesman who then honoured the Mercedes UK offer. My EQA came without the Full Specification, Augmented Reality navigation, Dealership surprised, and email off to Mercedes Uk... just informed last week this is ongoing and have contacted my dealership to update me with a fix..
To be honest not very happy to say the least, no communication from Mercedes Germany, UK or from the Dealership until i asked why?

So are you ordering EQA Prem Plus? Is it possible now to order via the configurator online..?

The car is great, ableit a small boot but i can live with it. the EQA dashboard and Mercedes Me App have no function for Scheduled Charging!! email from Mercedes Uk confirming this, beggars belief i can close and open my windows and panaramic sunroof via the key and mercedes me app !! but not control for an scheduled charge... my Hypervolt 2.0 does the scheduled charging along with solar charging at [email protected] as i was getting solar array installed with iBoost+ iBoost Buddy for hot water using solar, all work great, after the car... made sense to get the Hypervolt than the more costly Zappi 2 by nearly £300 go figure. If it was not for the missing Augmented Reality navigation, my delivery of the car would of been the same for the GLA 45 Prem Plus and C300 Convertible Prem Plus without a issue, pleasure to drive and feeling rather content and happy with my purchase.

When ordering ask the salesman to show the Order Sheet before committing to signing, if Prem Plus make sure you have AU19 and 549 Multimedia High for Augmented Reality to work... not 548 Multimedia system will not work with AU19 AT AL... even if AU19 is there. the shortage of chips is for the Mulitmedia systems... to get the car built and shipped using the lowest denominator the multimedia system 548.... obviously to meet their factory quotas.. at the customers expense...

The car does everything i need in electric car, for a price and feel good factor, the OLEV grant will be ending next year for home owners with a driveway.. which is £350 towards your EV charger... i do recommend the Hypervolt 2.0 customer service has be above and beyond since my purchase and extra discount of £50 if you meet Hypervolt criteria look at their webpage... english company, ordered my charger in good faith after i told the CEO Flavian i was getting solar array in the September... he promised the solar full firmware would be available by then or in beta version if i would like to take part in, which confirmed his passion and sight into his charger, which i then purchased.. works like dream lol hope this all helps in your purchasing of the car...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Mike H and Parkwood, for your very informative posts… I will be speaking to my local MB dealer this morning, to order an AMG Line 350 4MATIC Premium Plus… Reading your posts, it seems like it will come with some options to be sorted at a later date… I will let you both know what I find out… I bought a Wallbox in May 2019, that came from Spain, which my own electrician fitted. I replaced it in March 2020 with an EO Mini Pro 2. I wouldn’t recommend having a Wallbox…
Thanks again…

·
Registered
505 Posts
Good luck. Be really interested in any feedback. Re the wallbox I assume you mean a brand not the generic term wallbox? Mine was organised and paid for by mercedes (yet another aspect of the good deal i got) and is a Newmotion model just a basic plug and play the French have not mandated the need for the wallboxes to be internet ready. Newmotion were a dutch start up and were bought by Shell. Very pleased with the installation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good luck. Be really interested in any feedback. Re the wallbox I assume you mean a brand not the generic term wallbox? Mine was organised and paid for by mercedes (yet another aspect of the good deal i got) and is a Newmotion model just a basic plug and play the French have not mandated the need for the wallboxes to be internet ready. Newmotion were a dutch start up and were bought by Shell. Very pleased with the installation.
Yes, I found the Wallbox, on the internet, and it came from Spain. I have my own electricians, and wanted to fit a home charger myself... While I was having some building works done at my home. I had bought a BMW i3S and BP Chargemaster refused to sell me a home charger to fit myself... So I bought the Wallbox... I have an EO Mini Pro 2 on the outside wall at the front, and another in my garden garage... I managed to get the OLEV grant for both chargers...!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Hello Mike,

we have just ordered a premium plus following a test drive of a 250 sport.
We originally tried to get a 350 but just seem unable to actually configure a car that doesn't have a distant delivery date and the premium plus isn't even advertised anymore.
In any event, we found a cancelled order premium plus some 130 miles away as it was in our preferred colour, and we really wanted the little extras that come with it and the loss of power for us is outweighed by the higher specification and the look with 20 inch alloys.
It is similar to your swap, as we are part exing a SLC 43 for this EQA. They could not be more different.
We already have a EV Smart car that was bought to replace a petrol smart car for around town driving.
This has proved to be a mistake as it has had myriad charging/electrical problems.
So, my question is, are you still pleased with the car and have there been any issues?

Further to that, and this is purely for my own satisfaction, are you happy with the Burmester sound system?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi MaxiFlanker,

After over six months of ownership, very pleased with the car the EQA 250 Plus, the Iphone XR and now 13 Pro the Mercedes Me App with latest ios firmware is faultless as was previous, the EQA 20 Prem Plus Heatpump can be used via the Hypervolt 2.0 at 1.6 amps at 1.4kW (just like for a solar charging at 1.4kW only which works perfectly aswell, by checking the cars front instrument dash of the energy connection will show the energy at either 7.4kW or 1.4kW)using the Hypervolt settings when the hypervolt charging plug in connected to car to heat the car and defrost instead of the usual 7.4kW setting in the Mercedes Me app setting, therefore using less electrical energy from the Grid. Hypervolt 2.0 is the perfect combo with Solar PV Array. Charged over four times with Free Solar energy @ 1.4kW about 7 kw from September to late October 2021; very interested to see how the summer of 2022 will do for solar charging.

Premium Plus extras:
The Heads Up Display or HUD is indepensible with the information you get on the front screen, including info when driving in D-Auto if you get this you will be pleased.

Adaptive suspension setting to adjust is really nice to tighten the steering and body roll to make it stiffer... which i use in Comfort... as Sport + just eats the energy faster as you drive more faster... the car pulls away in Comfort surprisingly very well for a vehicle of its weight... off the lights and does surprise other motorists compared to the C300 and GLA 45.
Burmeister sound system is great, for top level sounds as in the previous Prem Plus cars C300 and GLA 45, my previous company cars E220 D and 250d and 350 from 2014 until 2019 i did notice the difference but the songs and albums where installed via usb stick to the hard drive at high level bits Flac or lossless.... for radio hard to make a difference.

Remote Tailgate opening/closing via your foot, one steady foot pass in and back motion under the bumper opens the tail gate automatically when you have both hands full of shopping bags, then another one steady foot motion in and out below the rear bumper and the tailgate closes automatically. This will work from the drivers seat especially when raining press back on the drivers door boot opening switch and it opens, also press button holding and the tailgate will close automatically to close the boot.

Gesture control for MBUX and turning on reading light momentarily for 5 secs or hold your out stretched arm to hold the light on is a nice touch when having to get something from the console in the dark. Hey Mercedes work great...
if your are cold, say Hey Mercedes wait for her response, say "I'm cold" Hey Mercedes will inform you that the temperature will be adjusted to 1 degree... or you can ask "Hey Mercedes set temperature to 22C." Also ask to set ambient lighing to any colour, Hey Mercedes set ambient lighing to Red (already at Blue) change of colour immediately instead of going through all the menu options. Also radio stations, nearest Mercedes Me Charge Chargers. Hey Mercedes voice control is very good. Your can if at home and need a map destination for the next mornings drive to be sent from the Mercedes Me app to the car.

20" alloys, multi spoke drive fine, cleaning another matter, very little road noise, in fact the tyres are now the only road noise; so quiet and peaceful... coming from the engine sounds of the petrol C300 and GLA45.... the diesel are diesels tractor engines, very dirty and smelly... you do notice how clean and pure your environment bubble is now, when you have driven a pure electric car for some time. Filling up at a Petrol Station is now in the distant past; only glance up when driving to see signage Cost of Petrol and Diesel prices and how much fuel has risen in the past 12 months and how much saved compared to costs of the petrol cars per month alone will astound you on making the change from fossil fueled ICE cars to Pure Electric driven cars.

Charging, using Hypervolt 2.0 via cost of petrol and servicing and luxury car tax, using Octopus Go energy EV tariff, Smart Meter required, half hourly readings, perfect on Octopus Energy App for iphone all half hourly readings visible and total consumption of energy displayed throughout the 24 hour period; cost per energy unit @ 5p per kWh from 0030 hrs - 0430hrs; (EQA250 battery 66.6kW with buffer 80kW) 30kW energy consumed total of £1.50 approx 80 to 100 miles, summer range up to 255 miles and winter range has been between 190 to 210, tip in winter to connect EV Charger to car and heat car for 10 - 30 mins (adjust amp settings in Charger App or Mercedes Me App to save more energy for 1.4kW (car heats up surprisingly well compared to 7.4kW setting) before journey to maximise the range from the cold temperature outside, do not heat car up without EV charger as you will deplete you maximum range before you start your journey by 10% or more when driving as know doubt your will require heating on in the very cold car... unless your a very experience outdoor winter survivalist.

Worst part/experience is the Mercedes Me Charge, my Ionity account was cancelled when signing up via Mercedes Me portal online, which I found amusing, considering my only Mercedes account was Mercedes Me; then contacting Customer Services and explaining the deactivation from day 1 to now have still not as of yet re-instated the account to be active, saying you can activate again in 12 months from when buying the car from Dealership... WTF rotflmao... simply not good enough, BP Pulse also active free for 6 months, never used, but had to contact Customer Services again to Cancel or get charged a monthly premium of under £6.95 just to be able to use it via the Mercedes Me Charge account, I have various EV charge accounts but do not pay a premium to use if I desire to use and take paymenty via Contactless Credit or Debit cards.. I have used Instavolt, with the Mercedes Me Charge Card when I purchased the car to check all was working with the Mercedes Me Charge Accounty, MBUX in car failed to authenticate, and only Mercedes Me charge card worked... your billed monthly and worked fine. Not used since...

I have installed Black Vue 900S 2 Channel front and rear cameras with Blackvue B-124 external battery inline for live recording when the car is shutdown for coverage 16 - 20 hours... utilising the rear compartment 12 volt socket.
The fuse chart displays a fuse box in the rear boot like the GLA and C Class which i had used for these cars, but there
is no fuse box in the rear boot compartment, discovered this after taking all the back flooring out. At present the 12v socket works fine, so I am happy to utilise the B-124 battery pack with the switch to turn on and off, instead of finding a 20 amp fuse to connect the 9 amp cable for automatic switch on and faster charging as in previous cars. The 12volt socket charges the BV B-124 in 45 mins driving from the main car battery, so no problem there.

Missing items from car order was Augmented Reality Navigation, not ever informed by Dealership or Mercedes Germany that the car was being delivered without this option, might be retrofitted but with every man and his dog saying chip shortage, I do not envisaged this will be done in the near future or the duration of my contract, frankly this
will be my last Mercedes Benz car... ordering from New with an Order Sheet.... will buy off the lot with what stock there is or another marque of EV.

Am I pleased with the transition to Pure Electric vehicle from ICE? Yes the change has been very pleasing, will i go back to ICE? No

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you Mike,

you have gone above and beyond with things I would not even think of.
Particularly with the insight to the charging.

Looking forward to picking the car up and giving my own reports on the same.

Max

Hi MaxiFlanker,

After over six months of ownership, very pleased with the car the EQA 250 Plus, the Iphone XR and now 13 Pro the Mercedes Me App with latest ios firmware is faultless as was previous, the EQA 20 Prem Plus Heatpump can be used via the Hypervolt 2.0 at 1.6 amps at 1.4kW (just like for a solar charging at 1.4kW only which works perfectly aswell, by checking the cars front instrument dash of the energy connection will show the energy at either 7.4kW or 1.4kW)using the Hypervolt settings when the hypervolt charging plug in connected to car to heat the car and defrost instead of the usual 7.4kW setting in the Mercedes Me app setting, therefore using less electrical energy from the Grid. Hypervolt 2.0 is the perfect combo with Solar PV Array. Charged over four times with Free Solar energy @ 1.4kW about 7 kw from September to late October 2021; very interested to see how the summer of 2022 will do for solar charging.

Premium Plus extras:

The Heads Up Display or HUD is indepensible with the information you get on the front screen, including info when driving in D-Auto if you get this you will be pleased.

Adaptive suspension setting to adjust is really nice to tighten the steering and body roll to make it stiffer... which i use in Comfort... as Sport + just eats the energy faster as you drive more faster... the car pulls away in Comfort surprisingly very well for a vehicle of its weight... off the lights and does surprise other motorists compared to the C300 and GLA 45.

Burmeister sound system is great, for top level sounds as in the previous Prem Plus cars C300 and GLA 45, my previous company cars E220 D and 250d and 350 from 2014 until 2019 i did notice the difference but the songs and albums where installed via usb stick to the hard drive at high level bits Flac or lossless.... for radio hard to make a difference.

Remote Tailgate opening/closing via your foot, one steady foot pass in and back motion under the bumper opens the tail gate automatically when you have both hands full of shopping bags, then another one steady foot motion in and out below the rear bumper and the tailgate closes automatically. This will work from the drivers seat especially when raining press back on the drivers door boot opening switch and it opens, also press button holding and the tailgate will close automatically to close the boot.

Gesture control for MBUX and turning on reading light momentarily for 5 secs or hold your out stretched arm to hold the light on is a nice touch when having to get something from the console in the dark. Hey Mercedes work great...

if your are cold, say Hey Mercedes wait for her response, say "I'm cold" Hey Mercedes will inform you that the temperature will be adjusted to 1 degree... or you can ask "Hey Mercedes set temperature to 22C." Also ask to set ambient lighing to any colour, Hey Mercedes set ambient lighing to Red (already at Blue) change of colour immediately instead of going through all the menu options. Also radio stations, nearest Mercedes Me Charge Chargers. Hey Mercedes voice control is very good. Your can if at home and need a map destination for the next mornings drive to be sent from the Mercedes Me app to the car.

20" alloys, multi spoke drive fine, cleaning another matter, very little road noise, in fact the tyres are now the only road noise; so quiet and peaceful... coming from the engine sounds of the petrol C300 and GLA45.... the diesel are diesels tractor engines, very dirty and smelly... you do notice how clean and pure your environment bubble is now, when you have driven a pure electric car for some time. Filling up at a Petrol Station is now in the distant past; only glance up when driving to see signage Cost of Petrol and Diesel prices and how much fuel has risen in the past 12 months and how much saved compared to costs of the petrol cars per month alone will astound you on making the change from fossil fueled ICE cars to Pure Electric driven cars.

Charging, using Hypervolt 2.0 via cost of petrol and servicing and luxury car tax, using Octopus Go energy EV tariff, Smart Meter required, half hourly readings, perfect on Octopus Energy App for iphone all half hourly readings visible and total consumption of energy displayed throughout the 24 hour period; cost per energy unit @ 5p per kWh from 0030 hrs - 0430hrs; (EQA250 battery 66.6kW with buffer 80kW) 30kW energy consumed total of £1.50 approx 80 to 100 miles, summer range up to 255 miles and winter range has been between 190 to 210, tip in winter to connect EV Charger to car and heat car for 10 - 30 mins (adjust amp settings in Charger App or Mercedes Me App to save more energy for 1.4kW (car heats up surprisingly well compared to 7.4kW setting) before journey to maximise the range from the cold temperature outside, do not heat car up without EV charger as you will deplete you maximum range before you start your journey by 10% or more when driving as know doubt your will require heating on in the very cold car... unless your a very experience outdoor winter survivalist.

Worst part/experience is the Mercedes Me Charge, my Ionity account was cancelled when signing up via Mercedes Me portal online, which I found amusing, considering my only Mercedes account was Mercedes Me; then contacting Customer Services and explaining the deactivation from day 1 to now have still not as of yet re-instated the account to be active, saying you can activate again in 12 months from when buying the car from Dealership... WTF rotflmao... simply not good enough, BP Pulse also active free for 6 months, never used, but had to contact Customer Services again to Cancel or get charged a monthly premium of under £6.95 just to be able to use it via the Mercedes Me Charge account, I have various EV charge accounts but do not pay a premium to use if I desire to use and take paymenty via Contactless Credit or Debit cards.. I have used Instavolt, with the Mercedes Me Charge Card when I purchased the car to check all was working with the Mercedes Me Charge Accounty, MBUX in car failed to authenticate, and only Mercedes Me charge card worked... your billed monthly and worked fine. Not used since...

I have installed Black Vue 900S 2 Channel front and rear cameras with Blackvue B-124 external battery inline for live recording when the car is shutdown for coverage 16 - 20 hours... utilising the rear compartment 12 volt socket.

The fuse chart displays a fuse box in the rear boot like the GLA and C Class which i had used for these cars, but there

is no fuse box in the rear boot compartment, discovered this after taking all the back flooring out. At present the 12v socket works fine, so I am happy to utilise the B-124 battery pack with the switch to turn on and off, instead of finding a 20 amp fuse to connect the 9 amp cable for automatic switch on and faster charging as in previous cars. The 12volt socket charges the BV B-124 in 45 mins driving from the main car battery, so no problem there.

Missing items from car order was Augmented Reality Navigation, not ever informed by Dealership or Mercedes Germany that the car was being delivered without this option, might be retrofitted but with every man and his dog saying chip shortage, I do not envisaged this will be done in the near future or the duration of my contract, frankly this

will be my last Mercedes Benz car... ordering from New with an Order Sheet.... will buy ofmorning f the lot with what stock there is or another marque of EV.

Am I pleased with the transition to Pure Electric vehicle from ICE? Yes the change has been very pleasing, will i go back to ICE? No

Good
Hi MaxiFlanker,

Premium Plus extras:

is no fuse box in the rear boot compartment, discovered this after taking all the back flooring out. At present the 12v socket works fine, so I aGood morning m happy to utilise the B-124 battery pack with the switch to turn on and off, instead of finding a 20 amp fuse to connect the 9 amp cable for automatic switch on and faster charging as in previous cars. The 12volt socket charges the BV B-124 in 45 mins driving from the main car battery, so no problem there.

will be my last Mercedes Benz car... ordering from New with an Order Sheet.... will buy off the lot with what stock there is or another marque of EV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.