Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

New owner.. few questions..

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  EQA-S.oz 
Hi folks.

Just joined after taking delivery of my new EQA 350 4matic premium this last mid week and have a few questions I am hoping some of the members with more experience might be able to advise on... so here goes.

Satnav -
  • Default zoom level - if I pinch the trackpad thing when I have the satnav on the left-hand screen in full screen mode it zooms in.. then after a few seconds zooms out to a useless level.. I have the satnav set in 3d mode as a preference with auto zoom also set. I can't see how i can zoom in and keep it that way as a default. I did wonder it that auto zoom was causing it to revert to standard so will try that later.
  • UK Speed cameras. No standard camera DB on the car, I have seen people add this from 3rd parties and wondered if anyone has a go-to provider?

Parking Radars -
  • Side radars seem over sensitive, has anyone had issues with them alerting for objects closer than they are i.e., red bars down the side when objects are >.5metre away?

Home Charging -
  • I have and OHME pro charger that I set it up including selecting correct car etc. and it works as far as authorising charges, turning display off, charging the car but seems to show all manner of wrong charging info for the car which I will get round to looking at today.
Disabling Keyless Entry -
  • Can't see any way to disable the keyless entry feature and as this is something we do with all our cars wondered if anyway to permanently disable.

So far enjoying the car, have done 310 miles since Wednesday delivery and not getting great range but it is new to me so I expect to need to train myself in drive modes and how to actually drive it efficiently. I have been using pre-entry climate when car not on charge etc. so not really been trying as yet to maximise range.
Hi,
In answer to your questions, as you suspected, you need to turn off auto zoom to get the zoom to stay where you set it.
I don’t personally use the car satnav often as it’s not updated often enough, it has guided me onto farm roads and yet claims the road to my farm doesn’t exist even though other satnav apps show it in their guidance and for finding charging points you can’t filter to display only rapids for example or particular suppliers, it’s of lesser importance to me showing speed cameras but as you’ve found it doesn’t show them either. I use the “Sygic“ app on CarPlay for navigation and it has speed cameras and is updated monthly.
The parking radars are a bit over cautious but maybe you have the “warn early “ setting switched on in the vehicle settings.
As for your keyless entry, I don’t have it but according to the manual you disable it by pressing the padlock button twice in quick succession, re enabling it by pressing any button.