Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, took delivery on Friday of my EQC AMG Premium, Not quite brand new (870miles since new in Nov 2020). Mercedes ME App is taking its time to load, but given that it is Easter perhaps that is why?

The biggest bugbear, which must be down to me is simply getting in and out of the car, I'm not that tall 5' 10" and yet it really is a struggle as I always bang my head and end up moving my head awkwardly just to get in the driving seat - getting out seems to work OK. Tried moving the seat back as far as it will go, but it doesn't really help. What am I missing here?

The car seems to be missing a few bits, including the engine cover under the bonnet. but I'm in contact with the dealer and let's see how that goes.

Perhaps I should add that I bought the car remotely, from a recognised MB Dealer and had it delivered to me here in Scotland. Do like the car, it's a great place to be and full of tech, which I am slowly working my way through.

Sorry, one more question - where is the VIN to be found?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
474 Posts
VIN maybe visible in the lower portion of the windscreen on the left passenger side UK as looking at the car . I recall when I lived in the U.K. many manufacturers put a small plate there. We have the cut out here but there is no VIN no shown. They also show the VIN on a sticker on the passenger side france driver side UK B post towards the bottom.
Mercedes me seems to take some time to be switched on for some the Easter holiday may delay things.

engine covers were stopped in the summer my car was deliver in Sept and does not have one.

it is possible to have the seat and wheel move to facilitate entry it is an option in the vehicle settings like turning on or off the mirrors authomatically closing. However it does not make a lot of difference for me because of the actual favoured seat positions are close to the seat position the seat and wheel move too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Parkwood

Thanks for replying. I guess the 'surprise' is finding out all the changes to the spec from what was expected. I've still to uncover the missing features and what if any will be reinstated once the World gets back to 'normal'. As for the VIN, no sign of it so far, certainly not obvious under the bonnet, the windscreen or on the plate at the drivers' door pillar. Still can't get my head around (excuse the pun) getting in and out of the car - no doubt MB will knock some sense into me at some point. For my sins, I also have a Golf R to cater for the need to enjoy country lanes and I get in and out of that easy enough.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Seat is quite far away especially if you have the running boards, which I don't have-

Be interesting if that method could be combined with this method by using two feet on running board and facing backward as I suspect calf would otherwise hit the board!

Seat height adjustment may help too

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, even at my age, you can learn something new every day, not quite finger trouble on my part! The comments on the YouTube page sum things up rather well with this one-topping them out I think.

"Oh come on really? Can you show users how to turn the steering wheel so that the vehicle goes around corners please"

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well, even at my age, you can learn something new every day, not quite finger trouble on my part! The comments on the YouTube page sum things up rather well with this one-topping them out I think.

"Oh come on really? Can you show users how to turn the steering wheel so that the vehicle goes around corners please"

Thank you so much.
Yes, another comment says the secret is enter the vehicle by standing with the leg further away from the vehicle :) though the doc says no that is wrong. I have been using the "wrong" way for 30 years then. Some people do get dirt on their legs by trying to step over the running boards though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your mercedes me is still saying in process , contact the dealer as it is probably registered to someone else , that was my case . Its only possible to change by dealership .
Thanks for that, it makes sense. However, I am in contact with the Mercedes ME Team who I would have expected to know what the problem is, and more to the point rectify it! A little over a week so far and various requests all of which have been answered by me, I assume to their satisfaction. Now waiting on their technical people to get back to me, must be important people as I may have to wait for up to a week to get a response. Can't say I am impressed, but the car is a different story, that I am enjoying very much. Bottom line is that having called on MB Support I want to see how this goes, hopefully, OK in the end it would be a shame should it end badly.

All this before I even attempt to find out when or if I will ever see the features that would have been on the car, but for the chip shortage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Quick Update: I did go back to the Dealer as I wasn't getting very far with MB Support. They spent most of yesterday working on it and at 5pm declared the vehicle connected and all well... Not quite. My ME Charge Card was cancelled but even worse, we're back to square one really with all the services attempting to cancel/unactivate. Spoke again to MB Support and this time they volunteered that this was not an isolated case and there are significant software problems - I think that comes as something of a relief. Meanwhile, I am confined to keeping within the range of my home charger. Fortunately, no big deal for me, I gave up doing 20,000 miles a year a long time ago.

Two hours later - well, that was quick! All is fixed, I think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts