Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm excited to join a community that shares a love for electric vehicles like me. I'm so happy more companies are getting into EVs and I'm excited to see what a company like Mercedes has up its sleeve.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey @91Underwood

What experience do you have with EV's since you love them so much? Curious because i'm not 100% convinced just yet. Hoping to see some higher performing models before deciding.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey @91Underwood

What experience do you have with EV's since you love them so much? Curious because i'm not 100% convinced just yet. Hoping to see some higher performing models before deciding.
I've owned a couple of hybrids, a Prius and a Volt, and they treated me very well over the years. Since then I've been hooked on EVs and reading everything I can on them. I haven't owned a full electric vehicle yet but I've test driven vehicles like the BMW i3 and Nissan Leaf.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've owned a couple of hybrids, a Prius and a Volt, and they treated me very well over the years. Since then I've been hooked on EVs and reading everything I can on them. I haven't owned a full electric vehicle yet but I've test driven vehicles like the BMW i3 and Nissan Leaf.
You should have no problem getting a BMW or Nissan dealer to let you test drive one for a few hours.

If you do, which I highly suggest, do give us your feedback.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should have no problem getting a BMW or Nissan dealer to let you test drive one for a few hours.

If you do, which I highly suggest, do give us your feedback.
For the i3, I really like its styling (which definitely isn't for everyone) and I was really surprised at how zippy it can be accelerating. But it can really feel top heavy at times, especially in turns.

The Leaf is really smooth to drive and can work well as a commuter. But I find the interior and exterior design pretty underwhelming.

·
Registered
209 Posts
For the i3, I really like its styling (which definitely isn't for everyone) and I was really surprised at how zippy it can be accelerating. But it can really feel top heavy at times, especially in turns.

The Leaf is really smooth to drive and can work well as a commuter. But I find the interior and exterior design pretty underwhelming.
Fortunately the i3 has been out long enough for major changes to take place that also benefit from other BMW EV's to arrive soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fortunately the i3 has been out long enough for major changes to take place that also benefit from other BMW EV's to arrive soon.
Before that happens, the i4 sedan will be out.
From that we should get a clear picture of where BMW's EV design is headed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Before that happens, the i4 sedan will be out.
From that we should get a clear picture of where BMW's EV design is headed.
The i4 is definitely going to be the bench mark to see what BMW has up its sleeve. With all the changes at the top of the company it'll be interesting to see what happens.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's fair, the i5 can definitely be a rival to the Model S depending on how much performance it'll be capable of.
It's BMW and they will have the capability to make that possible.

No doubt in my mind they will as the current M5 might be replaced with an all-electric version.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts