Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 A200 Launch Edition Sedan Mountain Gray or as the Dutch Call it Metallic berggrijs
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all hope everyone is safe and well

Am a current MB owner after switching from being a BMW Fan Boy for many decades and plan to upgrade my petrol engine for an EQA 300 AMG Line.

I have been holding off for sometime in part due to the lack of some, what I call must have features I like in my current A200 especially driving around Amsterdam and parts of The Netherlands. First Must have was Augmented Reality, now I dont normally use the Navigation of MB one reason is I hate the voice which cant be changed and the other is it doesn't tell me where speed cameras are so I normally just use WAZE via CarPlay. But one important function of Augmented Reality is the front facing camera at traffic lights. Due to the dumbest location of traffic lights I have ever seen if you are at the front on the line you cant see the lights you have to stop almost a car length short of the intersection to be able to see the lights unless the sun roof is open. The other option is electric memory seats which was taken off as an option due to the chip shortage but as of this week its back on. So they were the two Must have options I know it may seem trivial to some but it was a real show stopper for me. One of the other features of my A200 I love is the Multi Beam LED's these things are awesome and not sure why they are not an Option on the EQA because they are on the GLA.

So once I lock in my order I will no doubt share the same frustrations as others with delays delays and more delays. Fortunately not in any hurry ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I totally get where you are coming from - I had the A250e premium plus which had everything I wanted (except the electric tail-lift) but, thanks to our wonderful London mayor deciding that hybrids should no longer be free in the congestion charge zone last October, I changed to the EQA350 but due to chip shortages, could only get the basic AMG-Line... Whilst I really like the car, I massively miss the distronic cruise control, panoramic roof and most of all, the electric memory seats (my wife is a lot shorter than me and has the seat high and forward - I cannot get in until have pumped the seat down which is a pain in the rain! As soon as I can order another EQA350 but in the premium plus trim, I will. I hope your new EQA comes soon - I am sure that it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
EQA 250
6 Posts
Due to chip shortages, I wasn't able to get power seats on my EQA 250 that arrived two days ago. While on one hand I can forgive this M-B for not having them because there are so many features that I do like about the car, coming from a VW Touareg I feel like .... M-B, my cheaper VW had power seats, so come on.

My wife is much shorter than I, too. Thankfully though, she's afraid of driving and damaging MY NEW CAR.

... AND I DO WISH a dual motor version of the EQA had been available in Japan.

I feel like the EQA isn't getting good press for not having a bespoke EV platform and because its competitors are more powerful. But for a daily commuter, a couple with small kids, or in my case, a couple whose kids don't live at home, I think the EQA is a great automobile. I hope you both enjoy the E"A" a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts