Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
picked up the car and all the hardware is there for MBUX Augmented Reality but it is not working until some missing bits arrive. Am told it will be made to work at some point apparently we shall see.
Parallel parking is disabled though reverse and front on parking in car park situations is working. and strangely the tow hook is missing as is the motor cover under the bonnet, that one was a surprise I only discovered today☹
Hi Parkwood,

I am in the same boat. Car is expected to arrive this week with the same missing items and I've been told retrofit is unlikely. Aside from a poxy £250 voucher I can take it or leave it.

Just wondering how you (or anyone else) is getting on without these features and in general, is it still worth it without? Was looking forward after such a long wait but it's a bit of a damper now..
Much appreciated
NP

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Parkwood,

I am in the same boat. Car is expected to arrive this week with the same missing items and I've been told retrofit is unlikely. Aside from a poxy £250 voucher I can take it or leave it.

Just wondering how you (or anyone else) is getting on without these features and in general, is it still worth it without? Was looking forward after such a long wait but it's a bit of a damper now..
Much appreciated
NP
I have moved from a virtually fully specced 2018 e class estate 4matic (permanent 4 wheel drive) with full air suspension and I was not completly happy to be moving to a C class segment car but did so as I wanted to move to fully electric sooner rather than later. On a 2 day test drive there was enough to interest me in the car albeit I felt it was not quite the luxury level the e class was. Things that annoyed me incl not being able to upgrade the wretched piano black central cover, the lack of full air suspension the non lifiting tonneau cover, and no switches to drop the rear seats at the side of the seats only in the boot. The lack of carpeting over interior of the tailgate. My e class also had the ability to change lanes when you indicated and the full,parking finctions. The display was a 12.5 inch model but the car used comand not MBUX. It did not have keyless go opening closing an option I elected not to have as security worried me.
So here I am nearly 4 weeks later with the MBUX augmented reality awaited and the reductions in parking and lane changing, only partial air suspension but keyless go. I would NOT go back to the e now. Yes I wish some of the add ons were there and the piano black was gone but the car has really impressed me with its sublime drive thanks to being electric and it just so relaxing to drive. It really is the best mercedes experience for as much as the e class might have been just a bit more luxury in its interior it could be very badly affected by poor surface dressed roads making it thrum horribly despite the same acoustic glass as the EQC. Whilst it was powerful when pushed the engine (220d) was not the nicest sounding and had a sliht hesitation on kick down.
Ulitmately it is the very good implementation of electric driving which raises the EQC above the e and the lack of the augmented reality is not worrying nor the adjustments to the park assit thouh theynwere not important to me as I never used them in the e. The changing lanes with the indicator was ok but not life changing.
Take the car is my advice depending on what you are changing from I reckon you will be very happy, if it is a Tesla with all their toys maybe not though the EQC seems much much quieter. I am able to change in 18mths no penalty and am looking to the new EQE but I am no longer fretting about when that might be available in 4matic I might indeed bide my time now and see how things develop and keep the EQC until the lease is finished. I am finding the efficiency very good using d auto all the time. It is fast when you want it to be. It is fair to say the car has got under my skin now and I am very happy. Mercedes have got a lot right with it and it augers well for their future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have moved from a virtually fully specced 2018 e class estate 4matic (permanent 4 wheel drive) with full air suspension and I was not completly happy to be moving to a C class segment car but did so as I wanted to move to fully electric sooner rather than later. On a 2 day test drive there was enough to interest me in the car albeit I felt it was not quite the luxury level the e class was. Things that annoyed me incl not being able to upgrade the wretched piano black central cover, the lack of full air suspension the non lifiting tonneau cover, and no switches to drop the rear seats at the side of the seats only in the boot. The lack of carpeting over interior of the tailgate. My e class also had the ability to change lanes when you indicated and the full,parking finctions. The display was a 12.5 inch model but the car used comand not MBUX. It did not have keyless go opening closing an option I elected not to have as security worried me.
So here I am nearly 4 weeks later with the MBUX augmented reality awaited and the reductions in parking and lane changing, only partial air suspension but keyless go. I would NOT go back to the e now. Yes I wish some of the add ons were there and the piano black was gone but the car has really impressed me with its sublime drive thanks to being electric and it just so relaxing to drive. It really is the best mercedes experience for as much as the e class might have been just a bit more luxury in its interior it could be very badly affected by poor surface dressed roads making it thrum horribly despite the same acoustic glass as the EQC. Whilst it was powerful when pushed the engine (220d) was not the nicest sounding and had a sliht hesitation on kick down.
Ulitmately it is the very good implementation of electric driving which raises the EQC above the e and the lack of the augmented reality is not worrying nor the adjustments to the park assit thouh theynwere not important to me as I never used them in the e. The changing lanes with the indicator was ok but not life changing.
Take the car is my advice depending on what you are changing from I reckon you will be very happy, if it is a Tesla with all their toys maybe not though the EQC seems much much quieter. I am able to change in 18mths no penalty and am looking to the new EQE but I am no longer fretting about when that might be available in 4matic I might indeed bide my time now and see how things develop and keep the EQC until the lease is finished. I am finding the efficiency very good using d auto all the time. It is fast when you want it to be. It is fair to say the car has got under my skin now and I am very happy. Mercedes have got a lot right with it and it augers well for their future.
Thanks, that's good to hear. I can change in 24 months, maybe EQS as my Mrs likes the interior, so will go ahead and accept the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Update to say that our car is being delivered to us next week Thursday. Hopefully, it should be as close to what we ordered as possible as MB stated that the colour had changed slightly due to production being after 1st September and the old colour being removed but they’re not too sure what else would have changed in line with the new spec changes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you manage to reduce the monthly lease cost? I am trying on mine but not looking too promising.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Update to say that our car is being delivered to us next week Thursday. Hopefully, it should be as close to what we ordered as possible as MB stated that the colour had changed slightly due to production being after 1st September and the old colour being removed but they’re not too sure what else would have changed in line with the new spec changes.
Good news do let us know how you get on and what is there or not. Am sure you will like it😉

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am due to take delivery of our EQC in Dec and contacted them regarding the removal of the Burmester stereo and other items from the AMG Premium. Their response was basically tough luck and if I am not happy with response to take it up with the Ombudsman.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Parkwood,

Much appreciated
NP
Glad it’s not just me. Waited this long I feel I need to take the car as I would have to wait even longer to get etron or iX now.
I get there is a chip shortage but the Mercedes approach to dealing with it is shocking. To reduce the spec, offer nothing to compensate and keep the price the same just astounds me

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glad it’s not just me. Waited this long I feel I need to take the car as I would have to wait even longer to get etron or iX now.
I get there is a chip shortage but the Mercedes approach to dealing with it is shocking. To reduce the spec, offer nothing to compensate and keep the price the same just astounds me
There banking on the fact people can’t extend existing leases and have to accept it…I can’t think of another retail example that would get away with it…if you can wait for an ix I would…I’ve switched to an i4m50…

·
Registered
12 Posts
There banking on the fact people can’t extend existing leases and have to accept it…I can’t think of another retail example that would get away with it…if you can wait for an ix I would…I’ve switched to an i4m50…
No neither can I, they are clearly taking advantage of demand being so high that they will get away with it.
going to wait for the leasing company to coming back to us this week before deciding what to do next.
i4 is a good looking car but want an suv and I am still not convinced by the iX styling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No neither can I, they are clearly taking advantage of demand being so high that they will get away with it.
going to wait for the leasing company to coming back to us this week before deciding what to do next.
i4 is a good looking car but want an suv and I am still not convinced by the iX styling.
It’s abit out there alright but the eqc is going to look very old when the new mb models hit the market..and the range would be a concern for me in winter…we have terrible public chargers…

·
Registered
8 Posts
I quite like the i4 M50 as I have mostly driven BMWs. It also seems cheaper and also better range than the EQC. How long is the delivery time?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I quite like the i4 M50 as I have mostly driven BMWs. It also seems cheaper and also better range than the EQC. How long is the delivery time?
Estimated March 2022...not signs of the spec being altered due to chip issues I expect to have a firm build week by end of November as it’s pre orders at the moment. The range is much better if you don’t need an suv..a fully speed model is similar price but as MB have slashed the tech then there’s little comparison.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It’s abit out there alright but the eqc is going to look very old when the new mb models hit the market..and the range would be a concern for me in winter…we have terrible public chargers…
If you look at the bodystyle of the EQS and EQE the EQC lines compare well. Interior wise definately it is already looking older as it has the old style switchgear like the current e class. I was surprised at how similar to the EQC the saloons where. Fingers crossed re your BMW the internet is awash with complaints from customers of all makes of the sort of gripes here re the EQC build delays and de speccing. But you may well be well placed to get what you want as it is an early build of the model.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our car arrived on Thursday but MB did not install the Burmester sound system which we were not told about. We got the standard MB sound system. Raised this with them and got the usual ‘due to the shortage of chips etc.’. We still took delivery as other than that, the car is good. Just disappointed that nothing was communicated to us especially as they had already told us about the other 3 missing items. Speaking to the leasing company as to compensation for that. Have driven it a couple of times but still getting used to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Oh dear, that's so annoying. Mine is due to be delivered next Thurs and i have not been advised of this so will be quite pissed as I've made plans to sell my current car so will be stuck. Also aside from the £250 voucher I too have not been offered any reduction.
How is the car, are you happy so far?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if the park.assist works, no mention of it not. Would be another let down...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Does anyone know if the park.assist works, no mention of it not. Would be another let down...
In my french spec car built in Aug yes it does work, it will park into car parking spaces front or back but not parallel park ie street parking though I have not actually tried it out. I think it does identify the spaces for street parking but you do more of the work a bit like an earlier version of the parking function. Those cars with the driver assistance package will also not have the active lane change where if you signal the car changes lane ie on motorways all UN 79 reasons.I had that in the. e class it was ok but I had begun not to use it as frankly it really added nothing to the driving experience and was only really useable in light traffic as it was a bit slow. It has been switched off in all cars excl the new c class and s class according to my dealer. Overall for me personally those changes were really minor. Even the lack of augmented reality which will be installed when possible ( the camera is there) is not an issue albeit I really want a dashcam so for that reason I hope it is not too late in coming.
The sheer driving quality of the car otherwise has made me a very happy owner despite having reservations when I bought it about dropping a class from e to c which speaks volumes about what a good job mercedes has done.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts