Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we finally ordered an EQC this week.
We had a test drive for 5 days earlier in the month, and whilst there was a few things we weren't keen on - in particular the running boards! - we enjoyed it enough to go ahead. Ordered this week and just got an expected delivery date...... 31st March 2022!!!! 馃槴馃槵馃槱
I expected a reasonable wait, but certainly didn't expect 7 months!! Thought they'd got through a lot of the earlier long waits. Ah well.

Order is the AMG Line Prem Plus in Cavansite Blue with the Driver Ass. package. Just got to wait it out now I guess!

Registered
We ordered ours with the same specifications as you. The order was placed with MB dealer on 4th May due to delays by the lease company. Initial delivery estimate was mid-July which kept changing through the months. It has now been pushed back to mid-October but MB have cancelled the augmented reality navigation, wireless charging and energising comfort options due to the global chip shortage. I鈥檓 not fussed about the energising comfort but I鈥檓 not happy about the removal of the other two options which were built into the PP package.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We ordered ours with the same specifications as you. The order was placed with MB dealer on 4th May due to delays by the lease company. Initial delivery estimate was mid-July which kept changing through the months. It has now been pushed back to mid-October but MB have cancelled the augmented reality navigation, wireless charging and energising comfort options due to the global chip shortage. I鈥檓 not fussed about the energising comfort but I鈥檓 not happy about the removal of the other two options which were built into the PP package.
Fingers crossed for October then - at least only a couple of months to go. Interesting that the wait has got so much longer then! Also be interesting if they will retrospectively add those back for you once they can get chips. Like you, wouldn't be too bothered about the energising thing, nor for me the augmented sat nav really, but wireless charging loss would be a shame.

Registered
We had a test drive for 5 days earlier in the month, and whilst there was a few things we weren't keen on - in particular the running boards! - we enjoyed it enough to go ahead. Ordered this week and just got an expected delivery date...... 31st March 2022!!!! 馃槴馃槵馃槱
I expected a reasonable wait, but certainly didn't expect 7 months!! Thought they'd got through a lot of the earlier long waits. Ah well.

Order is the AMG Line Prem Plus in Cavansite Blue with the Driver Ass. package. Just got to wait it out now I guess!
That is a long wait.We ordered on 20th April and the car was expected 24th July the normal sort of time delay on our other cars in the past, though the current e class was delayed by 3mths due to the WLTP changes in 2018. EQC has now been built and on its way to us probably around the end of this week ( they come in by train to a central point and then out to the dealers I assume on car transporter though I rarely see any of any make at all) but I am too busy next week to take delivery. Also AMG premium plus and towbar but the awful running boards are thankfully an optional extra here so we will not have to suffer them stupid things which just get in the way and make your clothes dirty and access more difficult. A wonderful example of style over substance. My dealer says the car has all the extras in the package inc the LTE module which some cars are being delivered without for later installation. I will report back once I actually have the car to confirm if it has been downgraded in anyway. I will not be happy at all if anything is missing as it feels like a downgrade from the e class anyway despite its hefty price tag.

Registered
Fingers crossed for October then - at least only a couple of months to go. Interesting that the wait has got so much longer then! Also be interesting if they will retrospectively add those back for you once they can get chips. Like you, wouldn't be too bothered about the energising thing, nor for me the augmented sat nav really, but wireless charging loss would be a shame.
I hope they do add them later as we plan to have the car for some time.

Registered

Good luck with your order, I placed and order in May delivery was to be end of October, been informed this week that Mercedes uk has not confirmed a build date therefore delivery cannot be confirmed, expectation is sketchy to say the least with end of the year more likely鈥y existing car experienced engine failure and while I could wait until October using 1 car in the family I don鈥檛 think I can wait on an open end basis鈥鈥檓 looking at alternative EV suppliers who can provide a build date鈥n interesting call to be made tomorrow when my fleet guy comes back from holiday, anyone else experience of not having a delivery date?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck with your order, I placed and order in May delivery was to be end of October, been informed this week that Mercedes uk has not confirmed a build date therefore delivery cannot be confirmed, expectation is sketchy to say the least with end of the year more likely鈥y existing car experienced engine failure and while I could wait until October using 1 car in the family I don鈥檛 think I can wait on an open end basis鈥鈥檓 looking at alternative EV suppliers who can provide a build date鈥n interesting call to be made tomorrow when my fleet guy comes back from holiday, anyone else experience of not having a delivery date?
Wow - although not wholly surprising. Our last Mercedes was scheduled for a Sept/October delivery in 2018, it ended up arriving in the January of 2019. Guess they've started to hit more delays if they're moving back already ordered cars and then putting new orders all the way back into Q2 2022 with 7 months wait. Also will struggle with 1 car but hoping lease company can extend our GLC until the new one arrives otherwise we will also have a 3 month gap.

Registered
Wow - although not wholly surprising. Our last Mercedes was scheduled for a Sept/October delivery in 2018, it ended up arriving in the January of 2019.
I also suffered a 3mth delay in 2018 caused by the WLTP rule changes. This time it is about 7 weeks. Everything these days seems to be in a state of flux.

Registered
Car has arrived at the garage who sent a picture of it. Going to collect it next weds pm. Going to miss my e class鈽 but hope the EQC novelty of being electric will cheer me up. I was impressed with its driving charateristics on the test drive so am hopeful I will be happy. So it was ordered 20th April and arrived today. Will update on whether it is fully specced as the order but it looks to have the add camera for the MBUX augmented reality.

Registered
Car has arrived at the garage who sent a picture of it. Going to collect it next weds pm. Going to miss my e class鈽 but hope the EQC novelty of being electric will cheer me up. I was impressed with its driving charateristics on the test drive so am hopeful I will be happy. So it was ordered 20th April and arrived today. Will update on whether it is fully specced as the order but it looks to have the add camera for the MBUX augmented reality.
Health to drive as they say鈥t鈥檚 amazing the differnce in customer service you have recieved. I ordered a week later and Mercedes Belfast are unable to provide any firm delivery date. My order has been cancelled and I have today ordered a Ford Mach-e GT from stock to be delivered in November. Disappointed as I did enjoy my test drive like yourself however I鈥檇 have serious after sales concerns based on my experience to date with Mercedes and I鈥檓 excited by the GT offering being a very different style of vehicle.

Registered
I cannot fault my garage. I have been dealing with them since we arrived in France 13yrs ago when I got them to change the number plate on my UK car and even then the service was excellent with them washing the car and charging just the cost of the plaque. There is only one dealership in my Dept (county) and any competition is a minimum of double the distance. When my e class was ordered and delayed they gave me a c class saloon free of charge until the e arrived ( I had upgraded from a c class estate to the e). The test drive for the EQC was over a few days and they had to bring one in from a branch about 150km all done with no drama. Sadly someone hit the rear of the e class when it was just a month old causing a small crack in the bumper they repaired it well but about 18mths after the top coat blistered after some bird droppings got on it but they redid it no questions. The deal was also good and I have always felt fairly treated in any negotiation a win win situation without the usual posturing and game playing of having to talk to my boss etc etc all far more upfront and straightforward. Overall the garage are looking for long term relationships something the french value highly and will maintain so it is another win win. Sorry to hear you canclled but understand why. If the car is fully loaded as hoped makes me wonder if there is some sort of priority sytem going on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts