Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, the inevitable happened yesterday.

Mrs. JTM received the email from Zenith…’Good news, your car is on track for delivery early November…’

Errrrr NO, delivery was last stated as ‘Late October’, having previously been pushed back from September to ‘early’ October. This is really not good enough and I have no confidence in the November estimate being honoured either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have now been given a November date pushed back from mid-October. The good news is that we have a chassis number and a build period of between 1st and 10th October with a scheduled delivery at the UK port on 2nd November. Here’s hoping we get it by mid-November.

·
Registered
21 Posts
UPDATE: Our car will be arriving next week Thursday. I'm hopeful that it will come with the package that was requested aside from the removal of the AR, wireless charger and energising comfort as the latest brochure which relates to EQCs built from September 2021 onwards had some additional changes to it which are not to my advantage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad your car has arrived Kt. Ours will also be missing the AR, wireless charger & energising comfort but May I ask what these lates changes are to the post September build cars, that you have identified?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glad your car has arrived Kt. Ours will also be missing the AR, wireless charger & energising comfort but May I ask what these lates changes are to the post September build cars, that you have identified?
They have removed the Burmester sound system which is no longer listed as coming with the Premium Plus (it has been removed for the EQC range). This is important to me as I listen to music every time I drive. The trim is now black ash as opposed to the anthracite which I would prefer as there is enough black colouring in the interior of the car. Other changes relate to the paint and wheels. The Brilliant Blue colour that we ordered has been exchanged for Spectral Blue which they say is slightly lighter. MB told us we didn't have a choice there but I am not too fussed about that. The 21" alloy wheels now come in black which I would have preferred but MB stated that our model build is MY801.5 and not MY802 (September build) even though we have to accept the new colour which is an MY802 build specification. They did state that they won't know what I am getting until it arrives as sometimes they are told one thing by the factory but something else arrives! I am still looking forward to getting it after all this time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are they reducing the price of the car? The Burmeister Surround Sound System is a $5k optional extra for Porsche and a $2,200k option on Mercedes Benz in markets where you can add spec to the vehicle. That seems like an awful lot to just ‘remove’ without replacing it with an equivalent alternative.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are they reducing the price of the car? The Burmeister Surround Sound System is a $5k optional extra for Porsche and a $2,200k option on Mercedes Benz in markets where you can add spec to the vehicle. That seems like an awful lot to just ‘remove’ without replacing it with an equivalent alternative.
They were offering £250 pounds compensation I think..mine was a fleet order therefore I’d have saved nothing I cancelled my order I guess most others didn’t…MB are massively benefiting from a reduced spec at the same place price…

·
Registered
12 Posts
They were offering £250 pounds compensation I think..mine was a fleet order therefore I’d have saved nothing I cancelled my order I guess most others didn’t…MB are massively benefiting from a reduced spec at the same place price…
I went to Mercedes about the stereo, as that was the only reason I was getting the Premium. Their response was, there was nothing they could do and if I was not satisfied to go to the ombudsman.
Already loving the customer service and I don’t even have the car yet!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
As compensation for the missing AR Navigation, Wireless Charging and Energising Comfort pack we were offered a £250 voucher for John Lewis from MB, this was increased to £500 when we declined the offer and indicated we wished to cancel the order. We have also negotiated an increase in the annual mileage allowance with Zenith for 12k p.a. up from 8k. The monthly salary sacrifice payments remain the same as the initial order for our EQC AMG Line Premium Plus, placed back in April.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went to Mercedes about the stereo, as that was the only reason I was getting the Premium. Their response was, there was nothing they could do and if I was not satisfied to go to the ombudsman.
That is just shocking, ‘Nothing they could do’??? MB are the manufacturer and retailer for goodness sake!

We had an update from Zenith on Friday, having emailed them the Previous day stating our wish to finally cancel our order. This followed the system generated email we received earlier in the week (Monday) informing us delivery had been pushed back yet again and was now estimated as ’Mid November’. Since receiving that email on Monday we had been liaising with Zenith as we had asked them to provide us with an interim vehicle until such time as the EQC was ready. They called us on Wednesday to say that MB had declined this request and that they were now looking into if they had any vehicles in their ‘retail’ fleet that they could loan us. Coupled with this latest knockback from MB and the further delay to our EQC we decided just to cancel the order and had found a half decent lease deal on an ‘In Stock’ Audi Q5 PHEV that we were going to do the deal on.

Anyway Fridays update from Zenith took us pleasantly by surprise…our vehicle was built and not only that, was at the port of Zeebrugge awaiting transportation AND that we should have it by the end of October!
This latest twist does beg the question, ‘Why on earth the email on Monday putting delivery back to ‘Mid November’?
So, all was looking good…until I read the updates from Keetraveller about the additional missing equipment and changes to spec :(

We have followed this up with Zenith yesterday and are waiting to find out if ours is post September build and as such missing the Burmeister Sound System. If it is and IF MB / Zenith are not reducing the cost of the car then we will be cancelling the order, as quite frankly they are just taking the proverbial.

And to have to find all this information out for ourselves (with the very helpful information provided on here) and not be informed about these latest downgrades and changes to spec by MB via Zenith then it really does just take the biscuit. Apologies for the slight rant but that’s just the latest with our situation and I will update further as and when we establish the build spec.

Thanks again for everyone’s help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m not surprised the service I got was shocking, was looking forward to them looking after the car, I gave to say went u cancelled and went looking for a BMW the experience was as different as night n day…pitty really but they don’t appear to be bothered…there’s a lot of choice in high end EV’s and lots more coming on line next year….

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’m actually surprised at this poor service. This is not what I would expect from a high end car manufacturer. I am hoping that ours does come with it but can only wait and see what we get on the day before raising any issues with the leasing company.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m actually surprised at this poor service. This is not what I would expect from a high end car manufacturer. I am hoping that ours does come with it but can only wait and see what we get on the day before raising any issues with the leasing company.
I had joined a UK EQC face book group with visit…I left it when I cancelled my order you get a wider view from other owners…was enough for me to bid farewell to the idea of driving this model…

·
Registered
1 Posts
We ordered ours with the same specifications as you. The order was placed with MB dealer on 4th May due to delays by the lease company. Initial delivery estimate was mid-July which kept changing through the months. It has now been pushed back to mid-October but MB have cancelled the augmented reality navigation, wireless charging and energising comfort options due to the global chip shortage. I’m not fussed about the energising comfort but I’m not happy about the removal of the other two options which were built into the PP package.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had joined a UK EQC face book group with visit…I left it when I cancelled my order you get a wider view from other owners…was enough for me to bid farewell to the idea of driving this model…
I can understand how poor customer service can destroy ones confidence in a brand. All I can say is that I have an EQC with the MBUX augmented reality still pending but that is something I have actually forgotten about as the car is such a great vehicle in every other respect. I actually had reservations on buying feeling it was a model down from my e class but now having lived with the EQC for a month I defininatly would not go back. It is an extremly good car so I hope that that basic fundamental will be enough to make people feel happier with their purchase.
One side comment I would make is that many seem to be purchasing the car via a lease company not with direct orders in their name with mercedes direct. I do wonder if this has an effect on the care taken with customer relations in that the customer is the lease company not the individual not necessarily good but may explain some difference in the approach. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can understand how poor customer service can destroy ones confidence in a brand. All I can say is that I have an EQC with the MBUX augmented reality still pending but that is something I have actually forgotten about as the car is such a great vehicle in every other respect. I actually had reservations on buying feeling it was a model down from my e class but now having lived with the EQC for a month I defininatly would not go back. It is an extremly good car so I hope that that basic fundamental will be enough to make people feel happier with their purchase.
One side comment I would make is that many seem to be purchasing the car via a lease company not with direct orders in their name with mercedes direct. I do wonder if this has an effect on the care taken with customer relations in that the customer is the lease company not the individual not necessarily good but may explain some difference in the approach. 🤷‍♀️
I’m afraid it’s more about the fact they are reducing the spec of the car and not offering anything to compensate. No price reduction, no offer of anything extra in lieu of items removed just a tough luck. The poor service just compounds it.
if I didn’t need to change my car I would just cancel and get an
It’s not just the service it’s the arrogance they are showing. The leasing company have just come back and MB have told them it is not a significant change to the spec and implying we are getting what we ordered. Clearly they have decided that since demand is so high just now they can do what they like.
So I am now asking the leasing company to see how long it will take to get an Etron so I can tell Mercedes to stick it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have not got access to my order at the time of writing but I think from memory Mercedes reserve the right to change the spec and also there is a time restricition re maintaining the price and no doubt everyone else does the same. So in effect they have put the price up by reducing the spec…..and the actual brochure price here in France has also gone up as well! The damage being caused by the supply problems is going to take a long time to be repaired. All I can say is I have had excellent service from Mercedes and my dealer hence my repeat business. Hope you can find a car to suit your needs.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just seen this on the Speak EV site mercedes are def not alone

Discussion Starter · #7 · 2 h ago

JohnCollinson said:
At the moment Nissan dealers can only order cars that they have a customer order for, they are not allowed to order for stock. When I placed order on my 62Kw in May, only then could they. give me a firm delivery date after the order was accepted by the factory at Sunderland. Three days later I got a delivery date of mid to end of July, with the option to cancel due to lead time. The car arrived first week in August, I was working away so delayed delivery to me until mid September. Apparently if they try to order 'for stock' the order gets cancelled and they can get 'fined' by NMGB.

Its an issue all through the supply chain, the supplier of the cameras and airbag systems, not just for Nissan, but other marques too, is also constrained by semi conductor shortages and plastics for the module packaging. This is not a UK only problem either, the company in the USA I was working for was also struggling with plastic boxes for their products too, having to change production runs to utilise what they could get.

It doesn't surprise me that there are inconsistent wait times across the various ranges as it very much depends on what's available in the supply chain, NMUK is a lean manufacturer and is pretty agile when it comes to changing product, but there is only so much they can do.
Yeah I'm going through the same issue at the moment on my car, BMW iX3... all sorts of delays on them, with some customers having to accept spec changes to things like passenger seat bolsters and the likes. I've lucked out and my car has kept its spec, but there are issues all over the place.

·
Registered
9 Posts
UPDATE: Our car will be arriving next week Thursday. I'm hopeful that it will come with the package that was requested aside from the removal of the AR, wireless charger and energising comfort as the latest brochure which relates to EQCs built from September 2021 onwards had some additional changes to it which are not to my advantage.
Great to hear. May I ask when you placed the order?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts