Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
They seem to be in a real mess with their supply chain many people are still waiting for lots of other models too with very very long lead in times. I know of one waiting an e class was built in Aug but had still not been released due to missing parts mid Oct. However whether any other manufacturers are really in any better position….I was lucky 20th April order and delivered 15th Sept.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got some positive news from the dealership today.
Placed the order with leasing company in April. Initial estimate was delivery by end of January 2022. But was soon changed to 12th of November 2021 after order confirmation.
Dealer wasn't too confident the factory would be able to make that timing and was expecting multiple delays.
Today, I got news that the car is on its way to the dealership and leasing company would get to request and register license plate. One trip to the inspection station later to get clearance on the factory installed towbar (silly rules), the car would be put to my disposal.

However, it looks like leasing is not ready to release it yet as I'm still waiting on the charging station from NewMotion/Shell.
What else than chip shortage as explanation why they can't give me any info as to when I can expect it.

Ordered the Business Solution AMG. No Premium Plus, but did opt for the driver assistance package.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Got some positive news from the dealership today.
Placed the order with leasing company in April. Initial estimate was delivery by end of January 2022. But was soon changed to 12th of November 2021 after order confirmation.
Dealer wasn't too confident the factory would be able to make that timing and was expecting multiple delays.
Today, I got news that the car is on its way to the dealership and leasing company would get to request and register license plate. One trip to the inspection station later to get clearance on the factory installed towbar (silly rules), the car would be put to my disposal.

However, it looks like leasing is not ready to release it yet as I'm still waiting on the charging station from NewMotion/Shell.
What else than chip shortage as explanation why they can't give me any info as to when I can expect it.

Ordered the Business Solution AMG. No Premium Plus, but did opt for the driver assistance package.
I have a newmotion charger very pleased with it a nice looking unit. Have to say here it is only the most basic model no internet connection nor dynamic power management. Top supply is 6.7kw,tonight it started at 6.3 but is now 6.4kw. Apparently the voltage supply is likely the issue according to my other half. Initially the lack of programming ability in either the car or the box was a concern but my current tarif which incls cheap rate all weekend and all day weds, with overnight cheap rate the remaining days works well and I rarely need to go out and plug the car in at 10.30pm when the cheap rste kicks in. also at 5cents diff for the odd occasion it is no hardship to top up at full rate.
Forgot to say I did find that the rubber seal around the charger socket need a wipe with some silicone oil as it was hard to push the plug it. also wiped the exterior of the plug too and now it slides in a lot easier.😉

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you referring to socket on the charger station?
It has a fixed cable, so opted for 8 meters. Hoping it will not be or look like a mess to stow away.
Got word they would be contacting me beginning of next month to make an appointment for installation.
So now the car would be ready in 1 week's time, but still around 6 weeks before delivery because of charger installation. Bummed out :(

·
Registered
224 Posts
Are you referring to socket on the charger station?
It has a fixed cable, so opted for 8 meters. Hoping it will not be or look like a mess to stow away.
Got word they would be contacting me beginning of next month to make an appointment for installation.
So now the car would be ready in 1 week's time, but still around 6 weeks before delivery because of charger installation. Bummed out :(
Yes I was and that is another difference there was no tethered option for me. I use an 8m cable and the way the unit is designed I think you should be able to hang it on the unit in a tidy fashion. Shame it will not be there for the car, I had it the other way had the wallbox for 2mths before the car😉

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
So, some good news! Following my order back in August, when I received an estimated delivery date of 31.03.2022, I just had that brought forward today to 11.01.2022. Fingers crossed! Apparently it goes into production on 18th November - so tomorrow! As a reminder, car is the Premium Plus, with driver assistance package, in Cavansite Blue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, some good news! Following my order back in August, when I received an estimated delivery date of 31.03.2022, I just had that brought forward today to 11.01.2022. Fingers crossed! Apparently it goes into production on 18th November - so tomorrow! As a reminder, car is the Premium Plus, with driver assistance package, in Cavansite Blue.
Great news. Happy for you.
I had a similar storyline. Initial delivery estimate 31-Jan-2022, moved forward to 12-Nov-2021. Production planned (and executed, I think) 21-Oct. Delivery later postponed to 17-Nov (today). And now it looks like it's going to be 7-Dec.
Don't mean to bring your excitement down. Every story has been a different one here.
At least the factory production date seems to have been valid.
My config is excl. Premium Plus, but also incl driver assistance and cavansite blue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Mark. Sorry for the late response. Yes, it was ordered in the UK.
No problem. Mercedes has seen my delay and has been brilliant and brought forward the day of delivery to January 2022. My friend's EQC has turned up and I have tried it for a week (he was away). What a great car it is, it delivers on every aspect. Can't wait for mine (y)

61 - 69 of 69 Posts