Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just had a response from my dealer. He confirms that they have had some cars delivered with the function disabled and also some with it working. He is going to see what more information he can find out but that he does not know why it has happened nor whether my yet to be built EQC will be affected or not. An honest answer from him. I am not changing my mind and will continue with my order as I am on a flexible lease and can change in 18mths with no penalty. The EQC is not actually the class or body style I want and I shall look to change to the EQE sooner rather than later. I am just glad to have disposed of my diesel albeit with great sadness as the current e class is a great car with all the functionality! I am looking forward to adjusting to the world of electric as it does throw up some challenges it seems but I suspect here in France it is less of an issue than in the U.K. We have had 2 charging points in our village of 750 people for several years for example albeit they need upgrading now as the max speed is only 22kw on 1 of the bornes. If I hear anymore I will update the thread.

·
Registered
Mercedes EQC Premium plus
13 Posts
Hi. Any further news on this? Awaiting a new eqc - ordered a few weeks ago, but now being told September till it’s ready
None apart from its a EU Regulation hence why most or all cars will not have this function working on their new cars. It’s a shame especially when I hear advertisements on the radio for new ford vehicles advertising the auto park feature!
Mercedes have definitely cocked this one up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi. Any further news on this? Awaiting a new eqc - ordered a few weeks ago, but now being told September till it’s ready
When did you place your order? I ordered mine 20th April with a delivery date of 24th July. Am wondering if it will be similarly delayed. I know the industry is being hit by a shortage of chips so am anticipating an issue. Pain as it will delay my change to a new EQE as I am locked into an 18mth contract on the EQC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
None apart from its a EU Regulation hence why most or all cars will not have this function working on their new cars. It’s a shame especially when I hear advertisements on the radio for new ford vehicles advertising the auto park feature!
Mercedes have definitely cocked this one up.
Spoke to Audi about the etron and apparently that still has auto park. They hadn’t heard about the Mercedes problem- so sure they are using that on their sales patter!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
When did you place your order? I ordered mine 20th April with a delivery date of 24th July. Am wondering if it will be similarly delayed. I know the industry is being hit by a shortage of chips so am anticipating an issue. Pain as it will delay my change to a new EQE as I am locked into an 18mth contract on the EQC.
10/5/21. But through a lease company. Local Mercedes dealer was saying that they put through an order in early may and that appeared to be July delivery. Maybe the week difference had an effect - or the lease company get theirs through different program

·
Registered
126 Posts
10/5/21. But through a lease company. Local Mercedes dealer was saying that they put through an order in early may and that appeared to be July delivery. Maybe the week difference had an effect - or the lease company get theirs through different program
Thanks for replying yes lease companies do use different supply chains I think. It is quite different here in France with far less leasing via lease companies by individuals and it is all still all very dealer /manufacturer focused This whole auto park thing coupled with the lack of charge regulation in Mercedes me is very frustrating. What is annoying for me is I have all the driving aid facilities now and will be loosing them despite paying more than a straight e class replacement would cost. Most of the German cars use all the same bin of parts for the driving aids so it is difficult to understand exactly what the problem is with Mercedes. I raised it with my dealer he admitted some cars came with the facility some without but he did not clarify which models were with and without and has since gone quiet. Cannot blame him order is made what is there to say other than be prepared for a rather difficult customer on handover. Had there not been the big drive to electric here and the restrictions being placed on ICE cars (you cannot enter certain zones if the pollution is high mainly cities and their environs but the areas controlled are growing rapidly) I would have bought my e ( it’s lease is up in Sept) and kept it for a couple of more years but I did not want to take the risk of having a white elephant on my hands and to be fair the deal my dealer offered to make the change now Was too good to miss. But I sense I will be restless and unhappy for a couple of years until I can change to the model I want ie another e class🙄

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone taken a screenshot or a link to the specification page from circa October 2020 onwards into early 2021 which shows that the Park Assist/Parktronic is included in the specifications? I understand that certain Mercedes suppliers are now claiming that the park assit function was NOT included. I took delivery of my EQC in late December 2020 and it was my clear understanding that the automatic parking assistant was included in the specification of the vehicle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone taken a screenshot or a link to the specification page from circa October 2020 onwards into early 2021 which shows that the Park Assist/Parktronic is included in the specifications? I understand that certain Mercedes suppliers are now claiming that the park assit function was NOT included. I took delivery of my EQC in late December 2020 and it was my clear understanding that the automatic parking assistant was included in the specification of the vehicle.
Did you not get a detailed print out of your order which details precisely together with the codes what is included? Mine is 4 pages long! I made the order on 20th April and it shows P47 pack stationment avec cameras panoramique then 235 assistant de station went actif avec PARKTRONIC (their capitals) then 501 cameras panoramiques. The system in my 2015 c class identified and guided you into the space but you operated the gear change and accelerator and in my 2018 e class the car does it all. I anticipate that it is the c class system that is inc this time sadly, however I have never used it fully to park the car albeit I use the cameras all the time.I will report back once my car arrives.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just to update my car has not yet arrived and I have no revised date yet. I am not chasing as I have a 1200km round trip scheduled next week so will stick with the old technology I know😉 but I anticipate probably a month delay. My lease runs until Oct so I have time to wait. The french configurater carries a warning of a shortage of LTE modules and suggests cars might be delivered without them to be installed later🤔not sure I will accept that. I am aware of a forum member elsewhere also here in France waiting for an e class which is looking to be a month late his dealer has 35 cars he is waiting on so it seems there is now a major backlog. Will update as and when. I would also add that the EQC on sale in the online store are all showing the parktronic reduction code but they are pre 11kw on board charger models so produced last year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The following was written to me why it has been disabled. The physical buttons are all available in the car , they simply been disabled.

“Please note that this change in specification has been brought in by Daimler AG to comply with EU Directive UN R79 EU6 regulations and autonomus driving in line with govournment legislations.”
The curious thing is that it appears not to have affected other makes, such as BMW, Audi, VW or Volvo, so the question is why Mercedes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to update my car has not yet arrived and I have no revised date yet. I am not chasing as I have a 1200km round trip scheduled next week so will stick with the old technology I know😉 but I anticipate probably a month delay. My lease runs until Oct so I have time to wait. The french configurater carries a warning of a shortage of LTE modules and suggests cars might be delivered without them to be installed later🤔not sure I will accept that. I am aware of a forum member elsewhere also here in France waiting for an e class which is looking to be a month late his dealer has 35 cars he is waiting on so it seems there is now a major backlog. Will update as and when. I would also add that the EQC on sale in the online store are all showing the parktronic reduction code but they are pre 11kw on board charger models so produced last year.
Hi I ordered in May delivery expected 3rd week in October in the uk…it’s getting pretty ridiculous to have to wait so long.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi I ordered in May delivery expected 3rd week in October in the uk…it’s getting pretty ridiculous to have to wait so long.
That is looking to be about a 2 month delay then so for me that means it will arrive in Sept which is closer to the end date of my lease. I understand now why my dealer was wanting me to choose much earlier than usual though my current car was 3mths late due to the WLTP issues in 2018.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Called into my dealer today on passing as my current car is now naggging for its C service. I was pleased and in fact surprised to be told my car left the factory today at 13.00 and will take 10 to 15 days to arrive at the dealership. So at last I will finally begin my electric adventure in another 2 or 3 weeks. It is being delivered with the LTE module and was as far as the dealer thought reading the specs fully complete. i will report back re the parking assit once i actually have the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ordered my EQC Premium with Parking package/parking assist on 10/12/2020 and received it on 06/02/2021

upon receiving the auto parking was not working, took the car back to Mercedes Epsom and was told it has been disabled by Mercedes, it has the button to auto park , but does not work. I was told to live with it !

Can Mercedes do this? Has anyone encountered this problem? Can someone Please advise what I can do ?

Word of warning ... When you hand in your car for whatever reason, ensure they do not switch off this option.
hi all

the parking pilot have been disabled on ALL new cars it’s a UN R79 ruling on self drive cars. Same thing happened to my new cla 2 months old and my wife new gla 2 months old too. I used this feature on parallel parking and I miss it because I am useless on parallel parking. BTW it still works on bay parking. It’s in the United ruling 79 I got our lawyer involved too.

in Europe where we live few months of the year in Spain I have bought a new cla too and they activated it by signing a disclaimer letter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope you guys get a much better response this time around. Fingers crossed.
hi all

the parking pilot have been disabled on ALL new cars it’s a UN R79 ruling on self drive cars. Same thing happened to my new cla 2 months old and my wife new gla 2 months old too. I used this feature on parallel parking and I miss it because I am useless on parallel parking. BTW it still works on bay parking. It’s in the United ruling 79 I got our lawyer involved too.

in Europe where we live few months of the year in Spain I have bought a new cla too and they activated it by signing a disclaimer letter.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Finally picked the car up yesterday and indeed there are some changes to parking pilot or active parktronic relating to the UN R 79 Fadi N highlights. We had to sign a doc confirming that we knew the parallel parking function (street parking) was disabled. The car WILL still park between cars rear end in or front in however ie car park situations. Also though not relevant to the EQC being able to move a car forward from a tight parking spot using your phone has also been disabled as has the active lane change function ( simply using the indicator in the autonomous mode resulting in the car changing lanes itself on the motorway). I had this in my e class and used it occasionally so have gone backwards🙄.
Of more irritation was the fact MBUX Augmented Reality is not working. The camera is installed and the garage say the system will be switched on when the missing chips are available. my fear who has priority the factories or already produced cars. I want the system to use the dashcam facility if possible here in France.
They gave me a 200 euro discount on an 8m cable without being asked so they were trying to keep me happy. Also gave me loads of marketing puff merchandise like coffee cups pens key rings etc all well packaged and glitzy.
Bit annoyed about the quality of the PDI though as the tyres were over inflated to 305kpa, the tow eye is missing and worst of all the motor cover under the bonnet is also missing! I did not discover that until this evening when I popped the bonnet for the first time to be confronted by the rather weedy looking engine and dangerous looking bright orange cables but no black plastic and shiny silver mercedes star as expected. Sent a note and pictures to the garage be interesting to see their response.
Managed to transfer my internet in the car service and activate the mercedes me charge card which the garage had ready for me today and they swapped the 2 cars yesterday on the mercedes me app.
So not really a top notch experience this time sadly.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts