Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

Registered
Finally picked the car up yesterday and indeed there are some changes to parking pilot or active parktronic relating to the UN R 79 Fadi N highlights. We had to sign a doc confirming that we knew the parallel parking function (street parking) was disabled. The car WILL still park between cars rear end in or front in however ie car park situations. Also though not relevant to the EQC being able to move a car forward from a tight parking spot using your phone has also been disabled as has the active lane change function ( simply using the indicator in the autonomous mode resulting in the car changing lanes itself on the motorway). I had this in my e class and used it occasionally so have gone backwards馃檮.
Of more irritation was the fact MBUX Augmented Reality is not working. The camera is installed and the garage say the system will be switched on when the missing chips are available. my fear who has priority the factories or already produced cars. I want the system to use the dashcam facility if possible here in France.
They gave me a 200 euro discount on an 8m cable without being asked so they were trying to keep me happy. Also gave me loads of marketing puff merchandise like coffee cups pens key rings etc all well packaged and glitzy.
Bit annoyed about the quality of the PDI though as the tyres were over inflated to 305kpa, the tow eye is missing and worst of all the motor cover under the bonnet is also missing! I did not discover that until this evening when I popped the bonnet for the first time to be confronted by the rather weedy looking engine and dangerous looking bright orange cables but no black plastic and shiny silver mercedes star as expected. Sent a note and pictures to the garage be interesting to see their response.
Managed to transfer my internet in the car service and activate the mercedes me charge card which the garage had ready for me today and they swapped the 2 cars yesterday on the mercedes me app.
So not really a top notch experience this time sadly.
Health to drive, it鈥檚 disappointing to read your experience. I stumbled across an EQC owner Facebook group. It was eye opening reading about uk delivery delays cars ordered in December 2020 are only being delivered now so you are lucky to have a vehicle..I still don鈥檛 have a build date however I won鈥檛 cancel until I have some certainty that the alternative choice will not be a year away.

Registered
Garage have been in contact the towing eye will be ready for collection on Monday, I am in town on another matter so will pick it up BUT the news re the motor cover is not so positive. Initially my contact went to the workshop to ask nothing there, then he looked at some other electric cars they have in stock and strangely no motor covers. So it seems the car was shipped without and this may now be the norm unless of course it is a supply chain issue馃檮 but he is checking on the reason and we will discuss on Monday. But it looks pretty grim instead of the usual tidy engine bay just the rather weedy electric gubbins all exposed. It would not matter but unlike the EQE and EQS you do see it every time you top up the washer bottle. Strange the things we obsess about!

Registered
Garage have been in contact the towing eye will be ready for collection on Monday, I am in town on another matter so will pick it up BUT the news re the motor cover is not so positive. Initially my contact went to the workshop to ask nothing there, then he looked at some other electric cars they have in stock and strangely no motor covers. So it seems the car was shipped without and this may now be the norm unless of course it is a supply chain issue馃檮 but he is checking on the reason and we will discuss on Monday. But it looks pretty grim instead of the usual tidy engine bay just the rather weedy electric gubbins all exposed. It would not matter but unlike the EQE and EQS you do see it every time you top up the washer bottle. Strange the things we obsess about!
An update. Much to the surprise of my sales advisor it seems ALL EQ cars now come without the engine covers so not a specific PDI problem. Also much to my complete embarressment he removed the tyre fit kit and behind it was the tow eye! not where it was shown in the manual but it is there though I have also subsequently found out that those cars with a towbar like mine cannot have the toweye fittied to the rear and the towbar should be used. Looking at the manual too how to tow and the speed and distance mean the car is best put on the back of a lowloader though I assume the tow eye is handy for that.

I have now found ref on the net to the stopping of the motor covers arising from 2021 models maybe related to the on board charger upgrade though my salesman said vibration issues, myself I think maybe cost cutting but who knows. I shall not worry about it anymore. The car is such a pleasure to drive I am more than satisfied. Shame about the delay in the MBUX but what can one say in the current climate to get the car at least is something. Shall still dream about the EQE though 馃槈

41 - 43 of 43 Posts