Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we finally get to see the GQ C production model in full, the first of many Mercedes EQ models to come, I thought we could use this opportunity to discuss the new design that will come with these. Its the first time we're seeing anything like it from Mercedes and this is just the beginning. I imagine the higher up you shop the more exotic these EQ models look. For now the EQ C SUV meets a perfect medium of EV and traditional styling, similar to other automakers launching vehicles in the same segment.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Shame we wont be seeing that digital grille from the concept and I wonder why so few automakers have chosen to remove them completely. Seems that they want to keep styling somewhat conventional to their ICE models, but it seems wasteful not to explore new design ideas with a brand new platform.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is still some air cooling that can be done with the battery packs, even though most new EV's utilize liquid based thermal management systems. First generation models are meant to be transitory for those currently driving and ICE, so in future models we can expect a bigger departure from established designs.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shame we wont be seeing that digital grille from the concept and I wonder why so few automakers have chosen to remove them completely. Seems that they want to keep styling somewhat conventional to their ICE models, but it seems wasteful not to explore new design ideas with a brand new platform.
eventually you'll see more styling offered as the years go on with the EQC and especially with more specialized models
this being a high volume segment removes any need to be different

·
Registered
86 Posts
Merc hasn't detailed what the production numbers for the EQC will be like have they? I get the feeling that since EV's fare better in Europe that more of the allocations will be sent there.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Safe to say there will be no limit because Mercedes as one of the most successful automakers, knows no limits to capital and resources. For consumers the only question is what waiting times are you willing to deal with?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Battery shortages have affected almost every new EV that gets introduced to the market, but many automakers have established strong partnerships with key suppliers to try and prevent this on future models. Probably looking at a year or so if you don't already have an order in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts