Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have relatively fast chargers at work - 50kw. Which is fine for most of my needs and charge generally at home on 7kw home charger.

But the other day I tried to charge at an instavolt 150kw charger I was there a only few minutes as i just needed enough to get back to a work office, (price is approximately half of instavolts).
However the instavolt charger only got to a 60kw output, the other side wasnt in use.
why was it so slow? Was it because I hadn’t pre conditioned for a charge….
AND how do you precondition for a fast charge?
Thanks all

· Registered
583 Posts
Sometimes it is the charger not car. I used an inonity once and got 29kw on a warm battery just when I needed a reasonable charge to complete my journey and when they charged per minute which they used to do here in France so I paid more for less electricity and waited longer! Sometimes it is where the charge is in the cars charge cycle ie the more full the battery the slower the charge it can receive Hence topping up from 80 to 100 is slower than 30 to 50% other times it is the chargers. I never thought to unplug my car and plug it into adjacent ( there were a bank of 8) but might have got a faster charge if I had.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts