Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Just got my new EQC this week and I love it. I had a Model X for 4 years and while I still miss some Tesla features, I love the comfort of this car!!!
I have a question that I have not been able to answer despite research online. I have two numbers displayed for range - a regular one and one under with Max next to it.
Does anyone know the difference?
Thanks
Julien
Speedometer Odometer Gauge Wheel Font

·
Registered
29 Posts
My UK spec EQC has this. I’ve just assumed it is current and potential, but rather than simply max range mode I suspect it might also take into account if your lights are on for night driving etc. ie if you are driving at night and it’s cold so lights and heating are on (regardless of drive mode) you can expect the top figure. If it’s only a short journey, the next day if it’s warmer and you don’t need lighting and heating etc you might expect to see the Max range and immediate range figure be more closely aligned. No doubt Max Range mode helps too though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did you have a route entered on the satnav at the time? I think the smaller number is the range to be expected for the trip you've entered - taking into account elevation etc. Try entering a different destination and see if the top number changes and the bottom number stays the same.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My UK spec EQC has this. I’ve just assumed it is current and potential, but rather than simply max range mode I suspect it might also take into account if your lights are on for night driving etc. ie if you are driving at night and it’s cold so lights and heating are on (regardless of drive mode) you can expect the top figure. If it’s only a short journey, the next day if it’s warmer and you don’t need lighting and heating etc you might expect to see the Max range and immediate range figure be more closely aligned. No doubt Max Range mode helps too though.

Have been responding on the EQA pages re range shown and suspected problem with the battery. In looking at my stats it is clear that an element for heating is not inc in the range so maybe that has been corrected with new software so the lower fig incs an allowance for heating and the higher is driving in frugal not using the heating mode.
I do know all the vehicle lights and display screen run off the 12v battery but the heating is run off the high voltage battery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As I understand it the top figure is the current range, which actively varies based on driving style and ancillary consumption (heaters, demisters, aircon, etc.); you'll see it change drastically between switching the heating on and off, for example.

The lower figure should be the absolute best you'll get, if you switched everything off and drove like a grandma.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts