Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! We're just waiting for the dealer to arrange delivery now, and although we have a home charger installation booked for 10th Jan, it will need to be delayed as we need to wait for the DNO to come survey our electric supply as we're apparently on a looped supply which will need un-looping before we can have the charger installed. Considering the DNO survey isn't until end Jan, I assume they won't even schedule the work until end Feb at best, so probably looking like March until we can get the charger in. Guess for those initial months we will be tied to public chargers and using the 3 ping charger. Does anyone know how long the cable is on the supplied 3 pin? We don't have any plugs near our drive way, and our letterbox is too small to get a plug through. I read you cannot/shouldn't use an extension cable, so wondering if the cable will be long enough. Anyone had a recently delivery that can tell me how long it is? Likewise, anyone any ideas on the best way to use a 3 pin socket that's probably more than 5/6 meters away? Buy a new cable? Are there extensions that can be used?
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts