Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
EQC 2021
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EQC is now 6 months old and so far excellent. But in the last few days is only charging at 3.7KW on my home charger despite always running at 7.4 in the past. Anyone else had this? Any hidden settings that could have been accidentally changed or other ideas out there?

·
Registered
224 Posts
There are some charge settings but they only seem to apply when hooked up to the granny charger as I tried them out when charging on my home wallbox. The max I get is 6.7kw on my charger apparently according to other half due to voltage issues here, which can be a bit variable. But to drop to half seems a lot. But if you look in the EQC portion of the computer you will find the charge settings somewhere if you want to check that out just in case. Might be an idea to call someone out to check the charger box itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My EQC is now 6 months old and so far excellent. But in the last few days is only charging at 3.7KW on my home charger despite always running at 7.4 in the past. Anyone else had this? Any hidden settings that could have been accidentally changed or other ideas out there?
Mine used to charge at 7.2 for a couple of weeks at the start, then it just went down to 3.2 consistently.
I have a BP pulse home charger. I've sent numerous emails but no reply. Their customer service is atrocious.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's a tethered connection.
Tethered chargers for home use seem very rare here. I bought an 8 m 32amp triphase cable from Mercedes’ (the same spec as the 4m supplied with the car) which is perfect for letting me park in the space adjacent to the wall charger but still have plenty of room to pass the car to the area beyond and I can park it forwards which is more convenient.
I would get the wall box checked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Having had this problem..
The resolution was...
I have an ohme charger.. all was good for two months until it cut its charge in half.
It comes with as CH clamp which had not been fitted.
What this does, is make sure that you will not blow the main fuse. IE if you have 60 amp fuse, and the system detects that you are within 7 amps of the Max, it will reduce the charging to only 3.6 kw.
However, I had a 100 amp fuse. So resolution was to tell the charger not too load balance, and all was well.
Why it worked ok for two months? Best guess is they did a firmware update, and the charger started to work as it should..
Hope that helps in some way..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts