Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just placed my order for an EQC AMG Premium Plus, estimated delivery mid May 2022.

My last 2 cars were BMWs where you can specify literally every little detail about the car you're ordering. This is my first ever Merc.

I really don't like the alloys that come with the Premium Plus - they're all black for starters. I've ordered the car in black and I just think it's too much having a black car and black alloys.

So I asked Mercedes to simply swap the rims for the ones that are standard on the regular AMG Premium package - easily the best looking alloys in the range (IMHO).

The answer I got from Mercedes? "Nope, no can do... You can only have the wheels we stipulate"!

What??? Has anyone else had this response? And more importantly, has anyone else been able to talk Mercedes around? I know it might seem shallow but it's really putting me off continuing with the order - I want the car to look good, and having black alloys I don't like will just annoy me constantly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all. Just placed my order for an EQC AMG Premium Plus, estimated delivery mid May 2022.

My last 2 cars were BMWs where you can specify literally every little detail about the car you're ordering. This is my first ever Merc.

I really don't like the alloys that come with the Premium Plus - they're all black for starters. I've ordered the car in black and I just think it's too much having a black car and black alloys.

So I asked Mercedes to simply swap the rims for the ones that are standard on the regular AMG Premium package - easily the best looking alloys in the range (IMHO).

The answer I got from Mercedes? "Nope, no can do... You can only have the wheels we stipulate"!

What??? Has anyone else had this response? And more importantly, has anyone else been able to talk Mercedes around? I know it might seem shallow but it's really putting me off continuing with the order - I want the car to look good, and having black alloys I don't like will just annoy me constantly.
We took delivery of our own AMG Line Premium Plus also in black with the same alloys a week ago. I thought just the same as you before receiving the car and felt the Premium alloys were much better looking, in the flesh though, the black alloys look really good — the brochure photos do not do them justice in the slightest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really appreciate your response. I don't suppose you'd be able to post some pictures of your black AMG Premium Plus would you? Would love to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This used to be the case with the Mercedes' too (it certainly was allowed when we ordered our GLC 3 years ago), but I believe the emissions scandal put a stop to it. When I spoke to our lease company, they said car makers now have to test every variant they sell, which would mean 100s of tests if they continued to allow customers to chose every little detail as every possible combination would need testing. It is frustrating though - while the wheels don't really bother me, the inability to get rid of the piano black trim and the running boards was the one we didn't like.

·
Registered
274 Posts
This used to be the case with the Mercedes' too (it certainly was allowed when we ordered our GLC 3 years ago), but I believe the emissions scandal put a stop to it. When I spoke to our lease company, they said car makers now have to test every variant they sell, which would mean 100s of tests if they continued to allow customers to chose every little detail as every possible combination would need testing. It is frustrating though - while the wheels don't really bother me, the inability to get rid of the piano black trim and the running boards was the one we didn't like.
Yep think it is the problems of the WLTP tests which means the cars are coming more and more with packages which have been tested as per the rules. Agree totally re the piano black and ironically I bet the weight of that re say a wood as per the door trim would be utterly negligable. The running boards are in fact a standalone option here so I have a premium plus and did not spec them, I found them such a pain on the test car I was very glad not to have them and saved 660 euros😉

·
Registered
2 Posts
We took delivery of our own AMG Line Premium Plus also in black with the same alloys a week ago. I thought just the same as you before receiving the car and felt the Premium alloys were much better looking, in the flesh though, the black alloys look really good — the brochure photos do not do them justice in the slightest.
Hi We are just looking in to buying this vehicle. The options on the wheels as discussed is black with diamond cut rim circumference. It would be great if you could post a picture please. There seems to be nothing on the internet in that style. Rgds Chris

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi We are just looking in to buying this vehicle. The options on the wheels as discussed is black with diamond cut rim circumference. It would be great if you could post a picture please. There seems to be nothing on the internet in that style. Rgds Chris
Think the pics I just posted are what you’re after. Not my car, but off a recent Facebook post.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Only other one I’ve seen is a blue one with the dark rims (see below - again not mine, just off Facebook). Think this is the Cavansite blue - which is what I’ve ordered also.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
274 Posts
looks fine on the black very deliberate and balanced dreadful on the blue imho. I have the cheapy 19” AMG on mine as the 20” are not standard here on the premium plus. Have to say at the risk of causing offence I prefer them but taste is a subjective thing. I find the black combo above more acceptable than the white and silver combo I had and could probably live with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts