Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have recently bought and EQA 300 and a non MB home charger. I now realize that the current MercedesMe app cannot set a specific starting time for scheduled charging of my Mercedes. Unfortunately, I can not either control the scheduled start time via the charging box as the broker (EON) will not open the box for access via the Malmberg app.

Does anyone know if Mercedes opens for an app / API to schedule the start time?

My home charger is Vestel EVC04.

Kind Regards
Claus

· Registered
EQA 300
107 Posts
Hi everyone
I have recently bought and EQA 300 and a non MB home charger. I now realize that the current MercedesMe app cannot set a specific starting time for scheduled charging of my Mercedes. Unfortunately, I can not either control the scheduled start time via the charging box as the broker (EON) will not open the box for access via the Malmberg app.

Does anyone know if Mercedes opens for an app / API to schedule the start time?

My home charger is Vestel EVC04.

Kind Regards
Claus
EQA doesn’t have a way to schedule charging times. After a short check online it seems you need the “Drivegreen” app to work with your Vestel.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
They do not know anything about the Malmberg app. They had made an agreement with True Energy for the Drive Green app, but this app did not become ready in spring 2022 as expected because of technical problems. This was the message from early September, but the 7/12, the wrote the are working on their own app, but there is no release date. I have asked them why I cannot get the RFID code to open the box for the use of the Malmberg app which is originally for the Vestel EVC04.

· Registered
EQA 300
107 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation, presumably you can’t charge your car using your Vestel even without scheduling, do you have any legal redress with regard to being supplied with equipment which is obviously not fit for purpose? Can you threaten them with this to get things moving?
I think I would be returning the Vestel and getting a charger you can use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts