Dave I've had exactly the same problem with BP.
Set up a schedule and as others have said..... the car started charging 4 times in an hour using 1.5kW of power. If i'd left it plugged in (at 19.00) it would've probably be full charged by the time the cheap rate was applied.
Emailed BP numerous times (waste of time phoning unless you have a spare hour or so). Still waiting
Had this reply from BP Help:-Hi....from my experience my conclusion is that the whole thing does work but it is very temperamental and the way around this is to RESET the homecharger. That worked for me over the weekend - after a reset I was able to complete 3 successful schedules over 3 nights. It is infuriating sometimes but I still get ultra cheap charging. Others on this forum have advised that BP have installed a manual timer which personally seems an odd solution to a digital problem - but it does seem to work. Also BP did swap the unit from an O2 sim unit to a newer Vodafone sim unit but I dont really think that was the issue as the scheduling is still a bit unreliable. For now I think I'm as happy as I'm ever going to be with this by recognising that occasionally I have to reset. Hope this helps
There are a few instructions that you will need to follow to allow the correct connection of data between charger / web version / & app on your phone please (make sure its the smartcharge app)
1. Please log out of the app altogether & then uninstall / delete from your mobile device ( leave deleted for now )
2. Please disconnect the vehicle from the charger ( if connected )
3. Please use the barrel key for the charger to turn the charger to the off position ( 12 O’clock / Vertical )
4. From the Mini Circuit Breaker ( MCB ) for the car charger switch to the off position ( from up to down )
5. Leave off for two minutes to allow all electricity to drain from the product ( this will allow a factory reset when turned back on )
6. Please turn back on but wait roughly another two minutes for the traffic light flickering to stop and rest on amber / yellow.
7. Please log in to the website Chargevision | Login to see charge history & / or
amend schedule data here only, for now
8. This could be 48 hours for a full reconcile of data, or accurate schedule operating.
9. When the website version is up to date, please re-install the app & continue as normal Please also be aware that our application and charger will not merge / co-operate with others applications, i.e. the app for your car