Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dave I've had exactly the same problem with BP.
Set up a schedule and as others have said..... the car started charging 4 times in an hour using 1.5kW of power. If i'd left it plugged in (at 19.00) it would've probably be full charged by the time the cheap rate was applied.
Emailed BP numerous times (waste of time phoning unless you have a spare hour or so). Still waiting
Noticed last night , ahead of my schedule time for charging to start . The car starts charging every 15 minutes exactly and then pauses in between . So whilst this is intermittent - the timing is very precise!

surely more than a flakey signal ? View attachment 573
Hi....from my experience my conclusion is that the whole thing does work but it is very temperamental and the way around this is to RESET the homecharger. That worked for me over the weekend - after a reset I was able to complete 3 successful schedules over 3 nights. It is infuriating sometimes but I still get ultra cheap charging. Others on this forum have advised that BP have installed a manual timer which personally seems an odd solution to a digital problem - but it does seem to work. Also BP did swap the unit from an O2 sim unit to a newer Vodafone sim unit but I dont really think that was the issue as the scheduling is still a bit unreliable. For now I think I'm as happy as I'm ever going to be with this by recognising that occasionally I have to reset. Hope this helps
Had this reply from BP Help:-

There are a few instructions that you will need to follow to allow the correct connection of data between charger / web version / & app on your phone please (make sure its the smartcharge app)

1. Please log out of the app altogether & then uninstall / delete from your mobile device ( leave deleted for now )

2. Please disconnect the vehicle from the charger ( if connected )

3. Please use the barrel key for the charger to turn the charger to the off position ( 12 O’clock / Vertical )

4. From the Mini Circuit Breaker ( MCB ) for the car charger switch to the off position ( from up to down )

5. Leave off for two minutes to allow all electricity to drain from the product ( this will allow a factory reset when turned back on )

6. Please turn back on but wait roughly another two minutes for the traffic light flickering to stop and rest on amber / yellow.

7. Please log in to the website Chargevision | Login to see charge history & / or
amend schedule data here only, for now

8. This could be 48 hours for a full reconcile of data, or accurate schedule operating.

9. When the website version is up to date, please re-install the app & continue as normal Please also be aware that our application and charger will not merge / co-operate with others applications, i.e. the app for your car

·
Registered
33 Posts
Noticed last night , ahead of my schedule time for charging to start . The car starts charging every 15 minutes exactly and then pauses in between . So whilst this is intermittent - the timing is very precise!

Had this reply from BP Help. Still to try it out though:-

There are a few instructions that you will need to follow to allow the correct connection of data between charger / web version / & app on your phone please (make sure its the smartcharge app)

1. Please log out of the app altogether & then uninstall / delete from your mobile device ( leave deleted for now )

3. Please use the barrel key for the charger to turn the charger to the off position ( 12 O’clock / Vertical )

4. From the Mini Circuit Breaker ( MCB ) for the car charger switch to the off position ( from up to down )

5. Leave off for two minutes to allow all electricity to drain from the product ( this will allow a factory reset when turned back on )

6. Please turn back on but wait roughly another two minutes for the traffic light flickering to stop and rest on amber / yellow.

7. Please log in to the website Chargevision | Login to see charge history & / or

8. This could be 48 hours for a full reconcile of data, or accurate schedule operating.

9. When the website version is up to date, please re-install the app & continue as normal Please also be aware that our application and charger will not merge / co-operate with others applications, i.e. the app for your car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had this reply from BP Help. Still to try it out though:-

I got the same today ! Just tried it and still starting to charge every 15 minutes . Will wait the suggested 48 hours .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Having same issue with my 250e with BP home charger and trying to take advantage of the Octopus cheap overnight rate .

I have the schedule setup , but it intermittently charges as soon as plugged in x

Have tried resetting but doesn’t make any difference .
THANk GOD.... Someone is having the exact same problems as me. I have a GLC300e and scheduling is an actual nightmare, it keeps charging intermittently about 5 minutes in every 15, so makes a mockery wanting to use a chea[p overnight tariff.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I have the exact same issue for my GLC300e it charges for about 5 minutes in every 15 minutes

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had a reply from Mercedes stating that the car should initially charge for 15 mins to check the state of charge of the battery and then stop until the scheduled charging time.
They haven’t bothered replying when I pointed out that the car demands a charge for 5 mins out of every 15 mins thereafter Costing me 20% more for the charge than I need to (more if plugged in early evening).

·
Registered
2 Posts
EQC is really great to drive but I’m not impressed by its build quality. The MBUK display completely stopped working yesterday and all I got was a black screen. Hence, it’s now gone into the Mercedes garage to have the display panel replaced. Disappointing for a new car that is only 4 months old!
finally my scheduling charging problems have been resolved. My pod point home charger have released a software update that allows scheduled charging via the pod point app!!. So no more getting up at night to plug the car in...everything runs automatically now.
Hi Richard 👋, im looking to buy a Mercedes 250 eqa and I'm wondering how the scheduled charging is going with pod point? Will I be able to schedule an off peak charge? As this will be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just glad I refused/declined the Mercedes offer after finding out how bad the BP charger was, when I ordered my EQA Prem + on June 6 and never heard from BP Pulse for six weeks, search for another charger to include solar, (new solar 5.2 kW array was purchased, compatible charger was down to Zappi and Hypervolt, finally went with Hypervolt 2.0 with no solar but in beta trials, installed within 4 weeks with grant, along with their discount if you qualify a further £50 so the install cost £580, plug & charge, and schedule charging all work fine, now that Hypervolt have updated OTA firmware for charger (17/09/2021) and Hypvolt App iPhone lastest iOS for Solar, you can change the ampage from 32A to 6 A and select Solar Eco (1.4 kW) all works and confirmed by car screen and Mercedes Me App, using Free Solar energy.. I did a 10 % charge and took just over 4 hours the EQA was fine with the charging, when also having my iBoost+ heating the water from solar aswell... really happy that it all works considering how the Energy companies have all put up their prices now!! If I am not driving EQA and is sunny it will be plugged in ( Solar SOP's lol) to charge at 1.4 kW to get Free Solar miles :)🌞💰

·
Registered
2021 EQC400
7 Posts
My EQC came with a MB Wall Charger,
I’ve just replaced it with Zappi 2, Harvi’s and Hub
So now my EQC charges on my excess solar power.
The system offers scheduled charging, Fast Charging (7.4Kw), and Eco settings.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts