Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Southern Hemisphere it is approaching mid-winter which, in our part of Australia, means occasional minimum temperatures in the low single digits (Celsius). Relatively speaking, it doesn't get terribly cold here, but for some reason every now and then my EQA thinks I need the seat heaters on and not long after beginning some journeys, we suddenly get that warm backside feeling and lo and behold the seat heater indicator lights are on setting three - without touching any switch!

I note a recent thread on this Forum titled Pre-entry climate control; I believe my P-eCC is inactive: a logical trigger for the seat heaters. I certainly haven't done anything to activate P-eCC, so I'm wondering why the seat heaters turn themselves on, seemingly without any prompt.

I would appreciate help to understand what's going on - and how to deactivate this automatic seat heating function.

In an effort to find a solution, I explored the Comfort/seating area in the MBUX multimedia system and discovered seating kinetics. Can anyone explain the purpose and function of that feature?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Unless car has a fault, I highly suspect PECC too. I haven't completely fact checked the following but they may give you food for thought. Also I list for completeness as I know you didn't do many of them from your report. Might be worth double-checking the following-

"PECC" has not been inadvertently activated by the toggle switch on the dash. It is quite close to other toggles.

Check there is no WEEK PROFILE setup in MBUX for PECC.

Always check carefully if the seat heating or PECC is active when starting car, rather than turns itself on suddenly during journey.

Check in setting for PECC that "Pre-entry climate control via key" is disabled else when you unlock car with key the PECC will always startup!

Note that PECC is gradual so check the light for that switch is lit up rather than waiting for seat to get hot.

Even much more unlikely but you could maybe change your Mercedes Me account password to prevent access too.

I found this video quite helpful-

Seat kinetics sounds like a function that ever so slightly adjusts seating position during a journey so to keep body from staying in one position too long-

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very helpful, thank you Dar.

Having read your suggestions and viewed the video, I have checked the car and found that Pre-entry climate control via key was toggled ON. That correlates with my experience. I don't normally lock the car, as it is always garaged securely. The seat heaters have come on after the car has been locked in a public area, corresponding with "control via key".

Presumably, the seat heater activation is part of the Pre-entry climate control function. I have had a quick look at the Pre-entry climate control section of the Mercedes me app and I note that - as shown in the video - you can control various aspects of PeCC via the app, including, via the Temperature setting, the applicable Zone and Seat. "Seat" seems to relate to seat heating. When you toggle Driver's seat only ON, the Front passenger seat heater toggles to OFF, but I can't identify any way to toggle both seat heaters OFF. I presume that falls under the overall control of PeCC and if PeCC is fully deactivated, heat seating is still available via the switches on the door card.

The linked article on seat kinetics was very helpful; I now better understand its purpose and the function is, no doubt, best understood by trying the different settings.

·
Registered
EQA
20 Posts
Edited: after EQA-S.oz resolved the problem.

I've used Seat Kinetics once or twice to test it out, and it does work, but have left it turned off for now.

I have a possible problem with seat kinectics in that I sometimes feel small knocking sensations in the lumbar region, even with seat kinetics turned off. It's like a mini massage for a short time. This seems to occur when both seat heating and the cabin heat exchanger are turned on on (if I recall correctly). The passenger also experiences these strange lumbar knocking sensations.

·
Registered
271 Posts
...I have a possible problem with seat kinectics in that I sometimes feel small knocking sensations in the lumbar region, even with seat kinetics turned off. It's like a mini massage for a short time. This seems to occur when both seat heating and the cabin heat exchanger are turned on on (if I recall correctly)....
Perhaps inflatable lumbar device is adjusting itself to be ever so slightly smaller? Because of higher gas pressure inside the device from the seat heat, as heat causes gas expansion. Pure speculation on my part though! Perhaps try replicate with only seat heating, and no cabin heat, to confirm this theory better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts