Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
EQA
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A temporary problem occurred last weekend, where the EQA was at home and I was unable to drive it. It has since rectified itself and has been ok so far. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and, if so, was any further information available on causes or solutions. See below for the sequence of events.

1 - The EQA was on slow charge at home, and I removed the charge cable immediately before planned departure, with the battery around half full.
2 - The EQA was unable to be placed in Drive, despite numerous attempts.
3 - I followed the instructions in the dashboard (see photos) but I was still unable to engage Drive.
4 - The brake pedal was being depressed properly, as I could see the brake light's reflection on the wall behind the car.
5 - I tried starting from scratch numerous times, by using the Start/Stop button to turn the car off, then on again.
6 - I eventually gave up and used my petrol car instead.
7 - Upon returning home two hours later, I tried driving the EQA again and it was ok, with no sign of the previous problem.
8 - There have been no problems with the EQA over the following week.

Vehicle Automotive design Gadget Personal luxury car Font

Car Vehicle Automotive design Plant Mode of transport

I spoke to the local dealer's service department, hoping they'd be able to download some history from the EQA to determine the likely cause. They said that as the car has been operating ok for many days, the fault would have cleared and there'd be nothing to see from the on board diagnostics.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar problem with my new AMG-EQS. I got the display 'Not Ready to drive' and could not engage into drive or start the vehicle. The owners manual basically said, shut down the vehicle, exit the vehicle, give a few minutes and the problem should clear. I did so and it worked. This happened to me one more time when i was sitting in the vehicle 'playing and learning' whilst in park mode. It appears that if you are switched on and in this mode for an amount of time, something happens that you have to shut down before engaging into drive driving off.

I am still learning so I can only imagine it was driver error somewhere. It is scary though 'Not Ready To Drive' WHAT !

RP

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I have the same issue.
occured within 24hrs of ownership. Took it back to dealership who identified faulty component on the internal of front engin. 6 weeks wait on the part.
dealership ran a diagnostic on the car and could retrieve the error log.

My suggestion would be to get the dealer where you bought to run some tests and retrieve the error logs from my understanding they just don’t disappear.
the fault occured twice for me, I was able to replicate after using AC wallbox.

fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
437 Posts
9mths ownership of an EQC never had this problem but it sounds like a software glitch. Did you try fully exiting the car and locking so all systems restarted before you gave up and used your other car? I think that sometimes if you do things out of order slightly or the car does not boot up correctly this type of glitch appears, recently mine does not reconnect the internet radio if it drops out as it normally does switching the head unit off and on again cures it. Sadly Ithink we are now in the position with these cars where the wearisome turn your computer off comes into play🙄

·
Registered
198 Posts
Step 3 of your list worked for me in EQC when I had initially pressed start button without holding brake pedal firmly enough to get the electric motor into the ready state for drive. At the time I thought car was broken and also wasn't sure where the start "engine" feature was :)

Don't remember Malfunction message ever though. I will try Sunpower4u/Parkwood's "total restart" method if it ever happens and Bwana advise sounds a good idea!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Potentially my case is isolated.
However, the Mercedes service team identified faulty component. any faults especially for a brand new car should be checked thoroughly, most faults can be checked remotely ( it’s just annoying and time consuming).

·
Registered
EQA
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your feedback, comments and suggestions. It looks like a reset/reboot is the way to go, if it happens again. I'll lock the car and go for a short walk, coming back with fingers crossed in anticipation 🤞

1 - 8 of 8 Posts