Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if on the 2020 reg EQC we can upgrade the charge connector to 11kWh (which can be found on the 2021 model)?

·
Registered
189 Posts
No idea at all but given these cars are in some way modular one would think it possible to replace the onboard charger with the new 11kw charger, that it would be a fairly simple unhook and reinstall, and then update the software but like many thinks I suspect it may be rather expensive. Also is there a need to replace wiring between the the charger and battery? I would ask a dealer in the first instance and ask them to ask Mercedes for the technicality of it worht a try as if there is a market for such upgrade mercedes may be interersted.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea at all but given these cars are in some way modular one would think it possible to replace the onboard charger with the new 11kw charger, that it would be a fairly simple unhook and reinstall, and then update the software but like many thinks I suspect it may be rather expensive. Also is there a need to replace wiring between the the charger and battery? I would ask a dealer in the first instance and ask them to ask Mercedes for the technicality of it worht a try as if there is a market for such upgrade mercedes may be interersted.
thanks for the comment. I have been asking Mercedes for several months now but as with everything they are slow to reply

·
Registered
189 Posts
This forum is relatively quiet but speak.ev has been a great source of general info for me whilst I waited for my EQC to arrive. Would recommend a look if you have the time or inclination but this long thread is there about changing an on board charger on a leaf - not not at all directly relevant but might give some ideas of the work. Some of the photos show a pretty dire condition of the car in my view lots or rusty bits, but a Leaf is not a mercedes and is a lot lot cheaper!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts