Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is not a lot of direct EQC chatter that I can find in france but so far i have not seen any similar complaints. However a french reviewer made the specific point about how the car in semi autonomous driving uses data from the cameras and topographical data from the navigation system to control the car and as a result the braking feel was variable. I have seen similar references elsewhere. So maybe a starting point would be to see if the problem only arises in I assume D auto when the cars brain is engaged and it is that that is altering the feel of the brake because the car is already taking action to slow itself one assumes possibly by a mix of regen motor braking and traditional hydraulic braking. I also wonder if our Australian cousins have any comments particularly Natroth who I know has had his car for a year plus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have noticed this too. It seems to not apply the brakes but to use regen and the braking distance is not as short as expected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can replicate some braking issues. If you put the car in D-- mode drive relatively fast lift off the throttle so regen hits -80 and then if by chance you hit a pot hole, the brake peddle is a mess. Still havent found the culprit for the peddle going rock solid though which is my biggest concern, this seems to happen out the blue and virtually impossible to drop without then having to smash the peddle to the floor to which it skids and abs cuts in. Worrying.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts