Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With spring weather on the horizon, my expectation is the EQC range should be improving. Instead what I’m noticing is that it’s having the opposite effect. Yesterday 15 degrees and a max range of 200 (despite the app I initially estimating 206. Two weeks ago I was achieving 217. I know that it’s not only weather that impacts range, it’s also how we drive it (I have not driven it any differently).
Has anyone else experienced this? Note I’m still using the 3 pin charger as BP Pulse are taking months to figure out how to install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
With spring weather on the horizon, my expectation is the EQC range should be improving. Instead what I’m noticing is that it’s having the opposite effect. Yesterday 15 degrees and a max range of 200 (despite the app I initially estimating 206. Two weeks ago I was achieving 217. I know that it’s not only weather that impacts range, it’s also how we drive it (I have not driven it any differently).
Has anyone else experienced this? Note I’m still using the 3 pin charger as BP Pulse are taking months to figure out how to install.
You're lucky, the most l've ever got out of it is 190 miles. Today the weather is about 9 degrees in London, l got 179 at full charge.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to take it back to the dealer. They have a way of resetting the range which allows charging up to around 225. The issue that I’m having is that does not last very long. 3 weeks later the range is <200

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to take it back to the dealer. They have a way of resetting the range which allows charging up to around 225. The issue that I’m having is that does not last very long. 3 weeks later the range is <200
I'm in the same boat. My range today at 100% charge is showing 182 miles. Last week the dealer did a reset and the range briefly went up to 210 miles only to deteriorate within a couple of days. The rest meant that I had to re-input all my radio settings and res-set the Mercedes Me. This is getting tedious.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in the same boat. My range today at 100% charge is showing 182 miles. Last week the dealer did a reset and the range briefly went up to 210 miles only to deteriorate within a couple of days. The rest meant that I had to re-input all my radio settings and res-set the Mercedes Me. This is getting tedious.
I totally agree. It’s a complete faff! I also had to reset the electronics and noticed some default features ie how long the lights stay on after you switch off changed. I have written to my dealer to better understand what is causing the range to drop. As you say it’s not sustainable to keep resetting the range. Did you get any diagnostic report with the reset?

·
Registered
6 Posts
KC, the only feedback I received from the grarage regarding the battery was ... "no stored faults, battery system all looks fine". On another topic did you know that the Park Assist function has apparently been "reduced" on the EQC. For nearly three months I couldn't figure out why it was not finding viable parking bays. I was informed today by Mercedes that this function has been removed from all EQCs in order to comply with an EU Directive. So when you think you are buying a car with fully automatic parking, in fact, your are not. You are only buying a car with a rear view camera and bleeping distance sensors but you have to reverse and steer the wheel yourself. I'm lost for words. Have you checked whether your car has an operational Park Assist function? I'm curious to get your feedback on this important topic. Kind regards. MikeMerc

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mike, it’s funny you should ask. I’ve been on at merc for months now that I cannot get it to work. There response has been watch the YouTube videos. Now I’m hearing from you there is an actual known defect. So not only have we been misold on range, but now it’s functionality. Is anyone else experiencing any issues?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KC, the only feedback I received from the grarage regarding the battery was ... "no stored faults, battery system all looks fine". On another topic did you know that the Park Assist function has apparently been "reduced" on the EQC. For nearly three months I couldn't figure out why it was not finding viable parking bays. I was informed today by Mercedes that this function has been removed from all EQCs in order to comply with an EU Directive. So when you think you are buying a car with fully automatic parking, in fact, your are not. You are only buying a car with a rear view camera and bleeping distance sensors but you have to reverse and steer the wheel yourself. I'm lost for words. Have you checked whether your car has an operational Park Assist function? I'm curious to get your feedback on this important topic. Kind regards. MikeMerc
Hi, just a thought, since you had your range reset have you noticed any increase in range deducted for using the heaters? I used the windscreen heater for 10seconds and I whopping 50miles was deducted from the range. However 30miles was credited back when a flicked the switch OFF 10mins later. Bizarre!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, just a thought, since you had your range reset have you noticed any increase in range deducted for using the heaters? I used the windscreen heater for 10seconds and I whopping 50miles was deducted from the range. However 30miles was credited back when a flicked the switch OFF 10mins later. Bizarre!
I tried switching-off the climate control and immediately got a relatively small 5 mile increase in range. Better than nothing I guess but with my maximum range at 190 miles at 100% charge on my EQC this is well, well short of the published "official" 240 miles range. I think the saying goes, "Happiness is Reality minus Expectation" ....... and there is certainly a bit helping of "post-purchase disonance" going on here!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried switching-off the climate control and immediately got a relatively small 5 mile increase in range. Better than nothing I guess but with my maximum range at 190 miles at 100% charge on my EQC this is well, well short of the published "official" 240 miles range. I think the saying goes, "Happiness is Reality minus Expectation" ....... and there is certainly a bit helping of "post-purchase disonance" going on here!
Strange that there is no light to indicate if the heater switch is ON.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts