Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
EQC400 -20
27 Posts
On another topic did you know that the Park Assist function has apparently been "reduced" on the EQC. For nearly three months I couldn't figure out why it was not finding viable parking bays. I was informed today by Mercedes that this function has been removed from all EQCs in order to comply with an EU Directive. So when you think you are buying a car with fully automatic parking, in fact, your are not. You are only buying a car with a rear view camera and bleeping distance sensors but you have to reverse and steer the wheel yourself. I'm lost for words. Have you checked whether your car has an operational Park Assist function? I'm curious to get your feedback on this important topic. Kind regards. MikeMerc
Actually this works in my car. I have driven few Mercedes with this option, but I don't like to use it - I don't trust it enough.

But I tested it today and it works!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Actually this works in my car. I have driven few Mercedes with this option, but I don't like to use it - I don't trust it enough.

But I tested it today and it works!
Did you use it to find a parallel parking space and drive in or a space in a car park? My car was finally delivered in mid Sept with the current park assist so it will park in a car park but willnot park in the street albeit it will find the space and guide you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Meant to say an finding the car to be very close to the stated WLTP for efficiency.Current average over 1051km is 21.8kwh/100 km. I do make soem short journeys which bumps the average a bit but I can see as low as 19.8.i leave the car in d auto these days great to see I can glide 4km on the return trip from my nearest village uses about 42kwh getting there and nothing coming back🤣

·
Registered
EQC400 -20
27 Posts
Did you use it to find a parallel parking space and drive in or a space in a car park? My car was finally delivered in mid Sept with the current park assist so it will park in a car park but willnot park in the street albeit it will find the space and guide you.
I tried in street, between two cars.

·
Registered
EQC400 -20
27 Posts
do you mean parrallel parking ie level/alongside the footpath or where cars were parked nose or rear into parking bays along the street? When was your car built?

Like in this picture. There need to be enough space or car doesn´t recognize parking space. Still need to park "manually" to the smallest parking spaces.

Car is producted 17.06.20.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i leave the car in d auto these days great to see I can glide 4km on the return trip from my nearest village
I've got a long straight downhill stretch near home that I regularly drive..and the cops randomly set up a discreet speed trap at the bottom of it. Engaging the speed limiter and paddling to D+ is a perfect combo for that stretch. I can take my feet off all the pedals and watch it do just the right amount of re-gen all the way down the hill to keep me at the limit.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Like in this picture. There need to be enough space or car doesn´t recognize parking space. Still need to park "manually" to the smallest parking spaces.

Car is producted 17.06.20.
Thanks for responding that is supposedly what my car will not do. Have to say have not tried it out. Do not like street parking like that my fellow citizens like to play bumper cars and will bounce of the front or back bumper of other cars if they want!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine does a brilliant job of parallel parking. It gets me into the spot and out again when I return. Yesterday's was alongside a glass office front, so I could monitor it in the reflection. It seems to anchor itself on the exposed corner of the car in front and tends to hug that. It looks worrying close looking over the top of the bonnet, but using the cameras or the reflection I could see it was safe. It always lands perfectly parallel and just a few cms from the kerb. I suspect I probably would have scraped the rims by now without it.

·
Registered
EQC400 -20
27 Posts
My range (100%, car showing):
  • summertime (+25) 389 km
  • last week (+10, rainy) 310 km
  • today morning (-2) 276 km

·
Registered
189 Posts
My range (100%, car showing):
  • summertime (+25) 389 km
  • last week (+10, rainy) 310 km
  • today morning (-2) 276 km
What average consumption are you getting per 100km? Mine is 22.2/100km over 1569km lots of those are small trips up to the local village 4km away. Consumption is normally between 38 and 43kwh but the return journey downhill drops that to 22 to 25kwh. on longer trips say 30km I reguarly see between 21 and 22kwh but on warm days 18 to 21deg it can be as low as 19. Looking at the eco coach app (which I really recommend not least as you can get credits on your mercedes me charge account) I had 21.5 average for Sept the WLTP figure.
To achieve the 408km range one needs to achieve 19.6kwh /100km which in my experience is possible in the right conditions. In general I would say my use will give me 360km in normal conditions( western france so far temps 10 to 24 degs over the period I have had the car the majority of the time 14 to 18 deg) and on main routes (max speed 90km) so obviously less on motorways especially into a headwind but that is just the same as an ICE car.
I really think the battery capcity is fine for me and that is the consideration how many miles do I need daily, long journeys are something else. If you do not make a lot just annual holidays then just accept it needs a bit more planning and stopping that is all. I only charge to 50% of the battery as recommended by the eco coach app and due to my tarif will leave it 2 days unless I have a trip planned where I need the additional range. Adding 20% on the home charger of 6.7kw (nominally 7) takes about 3 hours at the moment so a 10% is only l.5 hours.
I had friends staying this week and we went out and about in the EQC and I was surprised to see no effect on the consumption being 4 up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I forgot to say I use dauto all the time and the limiter as this seems the best way to get the most out of the car although the cruise control works as well. It is good at slowing on approach to junctions and roundabouts and slower speed limits. it will also coast as well when the energy consumption drops down to 1 or below sometimes 0. I do have the EQ screen up to monitor the flux and in the central console the current real time consumption screen which shows at rest the car might be using say .8kw other times less sometimes a bit more.

·
Registered
EQC400 -20
27 Posts
What average consumption are you getting per 100km? Mine is 22.2/100km over 1569km lots of those are small trips up to the local village 4km away. Consumption is normally between 38 and 43kwh but the return journey downhill drops that to 22 to 25kwh.
Last trip, cold morning, 13,3km and 34,4kWh/100km and last 3918,9km, 26,1kWh/100km.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts