Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdie chaps and chapesses,

Having an issue with the washer Jets on my EQC, spraying a tiny amount of water out then stopping, been into dealer and they diagnosed a filter, don’t think I had even finished explaining the issue before they diagnosed!

They (Mercedes Marshall Bolton UK) want £380 to replace a filter, as it’s a consumable it’s not covered under warranty!

it’s less than 12 months old.

Has anyone had a similar issue, and if so, know where this filter is?

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
In 14 yrs of owning mercedes I have never had this problem! Assuming the pump runs which it seems to from your description I would first check there are no leaks when you run the washer fluid indicating a leak from the hose I would run with the bonnet open if you can (check the manual as I am not sure if the wipers might foul the bonnet when up or not).
I would also check the actual spray outlets themselves, are they gummed up with polish, algae or grunge? Use a fine needle inserted into the holes to see if that may clear them. I assume you use mercedes washer fluid? I always buy mine from the dealership and it is not really any more expensive, could be a cheaper brand may be less well mixed just a thought.
If that does not work seek a second opinion as frankly I have never heard of a filter in the washer system, ask to see a parts diagram showing its location and ask for a price for the filter.I assume the rate is high as it is probably a complicated dismantling job to get to the washer bottle looking at where it is located but it does seem excessive.
Was the garage the supplying direct to you garage or is the car leased via a third party lease company? The tales of horror on this site re the poor service from the dealerships seem never ending but as so many cars seem to be purchased via lease companies I wonder if they feel no loyalty to the customers. Shortsighted in my view but if they see a customer only once and they are busy enough maybe not a loss to them, but I live in a society where customer loyalty is a two way street and it is all the better for it.
Frankly as no service plan seems to incl filters on the washer bottle I find the suggestion replacement is a consumable to be unreasonable in a car less than 12mths old. Also if the washer bottle is not readily accessible this also indicates no expectation it needs regular maintenance.
If the pump is loosing power that maybe an issue and that should surely be covered under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts