Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
EQC400 -20
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I will got my EQC next month so I have time to plan winter-wheels for the car.

In Finland we have in wintertime snow, slush, wind, etc. which "eat" battery/range. So maybe it´s reasonable if you don´t eat range also with wheel-selection.

19 or 20 inches? I don´t know. Bigger looks better, but is it better if I drive highway?

I didn´t found any information from original-Mercedes-wheels which are optimal choice or anything.. only different models and prices. Someone have better information?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations on the new EQC @JarmoRunne! Welcome to the forum! I'm not the biggest fan of low profile tires so I tend to go with a smaller rim to get a bigger tire for better ride quality.

If you're looking for wheel/tire sizes here are the sizes. How are you liking the EQC so far?

Tire​
Rim​
235/55ZR19 101Y7.5Jx19 ET32
235/55R19 105W8Jx19 ET34
235/50R20 100W7.5Jx20 ET32
235/45ZR21 101Y8Jx21 ET27

·
Registered
EQC400 -20
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks, but I will got my EQC next month so I don´t have experience yet. :unsure::D

I like also "smaller rims, bigger tire"-strategy, but car will come with 21"-wheels and those I will keep summertime.

Thanks from tire-size-guide, but still I don´t know what´s optimal choice if I want forexample more range..? If we compare Mercedes Original wheels so is there some more aerodynamic-wheel..?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have not seen any wheel winter tyre package for the eqc either. I was wondering whether I might just buy the tyres and swap them onto the wheels already fitted. I have always avoided this option and would be interested in anyone’s views re the effect on the tyres from being removed and refitted ie does it cause stresses that may damage or weaken the tyre?

·
Registered
EQC400 -20
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was wondering whether I might just buy the tyres and swap them onto the wheels already fitted. I have always avoided this option and would be interested in anyone’s views re the effect on the tyres from being removed and refitted ie does it cause stresses that may damage or weaken the tyre?

I think it´s more normal in Finland owns two sets of wheels&tyres, but some countries like Estonia, it´s normal swap summer and winter tires to one set of wheels.

Next winter Finnish company Nokian Tyres intends to launch winter-tires for electric-cars, Hakkapeliitta 10EV. Around Europe people can´t use those, because those tires are with studded.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it´s more normal in Finland owns two sets of wheels&tyres, but some countries like Estonia, it´s normal swap summer and winter tires to one set of wheels.

Next winter Finnish company Nokian Tyres intends to launch winter-tires for electric-cars, Hakkapeliitta 10EV. Around Europe people can´t use those, because those tires are with studded.
Thanks for the reply. I know in Austria most people have a set of wheels and winter tyres which is what I have done but I am finding it hard to sell the spares when I change the car, I have a spare set for a c class and an e class now! Given Mercedes were not listing a winter wheel package I was thinking of just getting the tyres for the EQC as I shall probably only be keeping it for a max of 2 seasons anyway. Apart from the risk of damage to the wheels on changeover it seems it might be a good idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts