Mercedes EQ All Electric Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok after a week am trying to work out how to best drive the beast. I do not have a maintenance plan so am not too keen of haivng ot fork out for new brake pads and the weight of the car makes itself known on braking.
I have used d auto but also quite like d using the paddles to use d- or d— to slow down reserving the brake for any final fine adjustment. d auto seems a bit late in braking.
so any thoughts or advice welcome. I leave it in comfort mode at the moment suits me fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tend to go straight to D-Auto, but then if I can see I'm going to need to brake up ahead I'll manually pop it into D- or D-- then back into D-Auto once I've started moving again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Although still a relative novice, and still experimenting, on dual carriageway or motorway, I just used d auto. On rural country roads I use d-. D- - is a bit strong for me, although if by myself, is fun to flip around the options

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tend to go straight to D-Auto, but then if I can see I'm going to need to brake up ahead I'll manually pop it into D- or D-- then back into D-Auto once I've started moving again
thats what i did the other day seems a good idea and if someone else has the same thoughts it is always comforting. On another ev forum there are discussions about the need to use the brakes ocasionally to keep the rust and glazing at bay but I was wondering if mercedes still had the system for removing excess water in heavy rain and if that would be enough? Frankly as I lease it does not reslly matter of course🤣 but getting the best efficiency is of interest.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An update 6 weeks in d auto every time now. Mercedes have got it sorted it makes for a relaxing drive as efficient as possible. Have got used to its braking charatersitics and just let it do its thing. Am very pleased with the efficiency though that is dropping a bit as temps drop but to be expected. Mercedes may have been late to the party but they have made a really good effort, as the initial advertising said electirc finally has a mercedes😉

1 - 5 of 5 Posts